2. Hey Baby.

Alpha Ella King's POV.

       "I'm Alpha Ella of the Midnight pack."

       Beta Kane obviously was shocked that the Alpha before him was a girl. He plastered a smirk on his face.

      "Ah, well since the old man is gone, I figure we can make arrangements more civil like."

      I clenched my jaw in anger. How dare this Beta disrespect the former Alpha like that!. I thought. Unclenching my jaw, I finally spoke.

      "You may not be apart of my pack, but I will not tolerate you speaking of the former Alpha in such a disrespectful manner."

      Beta Kane's smirk hadn't faltered, yet there was glint behind his eye that told me I should be careful.

     "Well now then, let me get to the point. I want permission to go into your territory, so that the we the Darklight pack can search for our mates."

      Disgust and horror filled my thoughts, they were basically asking if they could come and take my wolves captive into their land. How could I be the one to send my female pack members to their likely doom. But then again who was I to fight the will of the goddess, she was the one who destined the mates for each other. Keeping them apart would be killing them. I would become no better than they.

      "Explain first why you have my guards tied and taken from their posts?"

      Beta Kane chuckled, he had been watching me, and he knew I was struggling with the decision to let them in. He glanced at my men on before him.

      "They wouldn't bother you to tell you to meet us. And they wouldn't give us authorization to enter the territory. So we rounded them up told them they were going to die, and well I knew they would call for you then. And in order for you not to kill me and my men on the spot I had to appear, negotiable."

      "What makes you think I still won't kill you?"

      "Because you don't kill for fun like we do."

      I looked at his with disgust and hate. He just admitted they killed for fun, sick bastards. I finally glanced at my worried yet stern looking Beta at first I thought he was going to convince me not to agree to the deal. But instead he nodded. I sighed.

      "Tomorrow at 10 am we meet in this clearing, you bring all your unmated people and we will bring ours. I'm sure you know the proper age range."

      I stated this loud and clearly and in a manner that told, no Dared, Kane to object.

      He didn't he just simply stepped forward and stuck out his hand. I stepped forward and shook it. With that he turned and disappeared into their territory, with his warriors and without another word.

     I let out a breath, I haven't realized I was holding. Turning to face my Beta and Warriors, I ordered them to go home and prepare the pack. Than I went home and poured myself a drink. Rather than Beta Keith returning home, he followed me.

     "Alpha, I hope you plan on calling Alpha Lukus and informing him about the situation."

     I looked at my Beta, with a tired look. The look also was telling him to fuck off. Downing the rest of my beverage, I picked up the phone and dialed Alpha Lukus.

     "Hey, baby." A voice said into the phone.

     "Hey! Is Ella, I have a few things to run by you."

     I said, trying not to rush him into anything stupid. 

     "I know it's you Ella, you don't think I just call anyone baby."