3. A Teaser

Alpha Xavier Smith POV.

     A sharp knock came from my office door stirring me from my work. Looking up I sigh.

     "Come in."

     I say, the door opens and I find my Beta and  Gamma. Beta Tyler Kane and Gamma Lindsey Morgan. As they enter Lindsey keeps her head down and her neck exposed, a sign of submission. But it doesn't last long because not a second later her head is up and her eyes directly drilling into me. I glare at her before turning to my Beta who is completely ignoring the situation. 

     "What is it Tyler?"

     I ask, I see put of the corner of my eye,  Lindsey trying not to say something. She looks pissed. I don't blame her, I would hate to be ignored as well. My Alpha complex doesn't tolerate it. And neither does hers.

     "We have finally gotten the Midnight Pack's Alpha to agree to a meeting with her unmated wolves. She said to meet at the border at 10, that's in 30 minutes. Everything is in order. Lindsey wanted me to ask if you would like to join us in hopes of finding our Luna?"

     I watched Tyler than glanced a Lindsey. A mate? Was he kidding? I didn't want a god awful mate. Weak. Women were the weak link to all men. But me I refused to have a weak link. But the freaking moon goddess made it impossible to reject a mate. Stupid. I would have to go. The pack was suffering without it's Luna. I would have to go for my pack. My eyes landed on Lindsey as she stared at me. She knew I hated women. I would hate her too but she was an exception. Call me stupid if you will but not even my Mate could have such privileges as Lindsey had.

     "I'll go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

307 words

Cackles.