one

O N E

staring at the stars or the ceiling
Hollywood friends, good to see them

PEYTON WOKE UP LATE THAT DAY. She felt extremely tired as she walked like a zombie downstairs. Her sister and mother looked at her curiously as she grabbed a pop tart and put it in the toaster, sitting on the kitchen island and resting her head on the table.

"Good afternoon. It's 12 pm. Bad night?" Questioned her mom serving her a cup of coffee, which she thanked with a grumpy sound. "Did you stayed up late yesterday?" Peyton nodded in reply, tiredly. "What were you doing?"

"Drawing, sensing the pass of time as we slowly died and leave the universe," replied the girl summering herself on the caffeine. "Can you put this in an IV and inject it directly to my vein?"

"Ok, I was having a really good morning until you came with your sadness and ruined everything," said Peyton's sister, Ella, short for Gabriella, as she pushed her sister's hair away from her breakfast. "At least tell me you draw something cute."

"I couldn't even finish the drawing," let her know her sister as she sat straight, receiving her breakfast from her mom and the pop tart she put on the toaster. "Someone wouldn't let me finish."

"Who?"

"Good morning, Swan ladies!" Someone yelled as he entered from the back door of the kitchen.

"Him! He is the responsible for my lack of sleep," said Peyton, pointing at the guy with the beanie who just broke into the kitchen spreading joy and energy.

Luke Patterson. Young popular teenager, attractive, talented and incredibly annoying in Peyton's eyes. Also... her best friend.

The guy with the muscle t-shirt grabbed the pop tart she was going to eat, sitting in front of her with a joyful smile. She couldn't even reclaim her food, she was too tired to enter a debate with him.

"Why do you look like you just got a case of rabies?" He asked as Peyton's mom served him breakfast. "Thanks Momma Swan, love bagels and pop tarts."

"Well, I look like this because you kept me awake till four in the morning!" Luke smirked as he ate the bagel.

"I'm sorry! I had this brilliant song idea and I can't write with the window closed. You could have closed yours, though."

"The sound of your electric guitar is not going to be stopped by a thin window," she claimed. "Next time, let me know when you are going to write because I like to sleep."

Luke laughed, grabbing one of the strawberries on her plate and eating it. The audacity, she thought to herself, looking at him angrily. "I hate you," she mouthed, just receiving a wink for his part.

Ella stood up from her sit, grabbing the pile of books next to her with difficulty.

"And where are you going, Virginia Woolf?" Asked Luke to his best friend's sister as she stood up. "Why are you carrying all those books?"

"Today is the final day of my summer curse on Latin American Literature," Ella explained, making Luke nod, "which means finals. I'm going to the library to keep studying."