eight

i recommend u hearing to the song!!
this chapter is really long sorry about that

E I G H T

Losing him was blue like I'd never known. Missing him was dark grey, all alone. Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met.
But loving him was red

      THE FIRST TIME PEYTON REALIZED SHE LIKED LUKE, it was when he first heard him sing.

"Okay, listen to this," said the thirteen year old Luke Patterson as he walked towards the mic. "Tell us what you think."

"One, two, three," counted down Alex and the three started playing.

"I don't need to be anything other than a prison guard's son. I don't need to be anything than a specialist's son. I don't have to be anyone other than the birth of two souls in one. Part of where I'm going is knowing where I'm coming from."

Peyton raised her eyebrows as she heard the soft melody and the voice of her best friend. She was hypnotized by it.

"I don't want to be anything, other than what I've trying to be lately. All I have to do is think of me and I have peace of mind. I'm tired of looking around rooms wondering what I gotta do or who I'm supposed to be. I don't want to be anything other than me."

They finished the song after two minutes, and Peyton was still hypnotized by it. Her eyes were only on Luke.

"So? What do you think?" Luke asked her as she stood up from the couch, starting to applaud and cheer. That made the boys laugh. "I still think my voice is to high."

"That's puberty's work, not yours," said Reggie with a big smile.

"But what if it never changes? Alex's voice changed. What if... what if I stay with this voice for eternity?"

Peyton placed her hand on his shoulder, looking at him with a tiny smile, "Then you'll be the luckiest guy in the world, because you have a beautiful voice and it will never change."

And after she saw the way he looked at her, with his puppy green eyes shining and his smile growing wide, she never thought of him the same way.

The second time Peyton realized she could like Luke was he saw It's a Wonderful Life for the first time in her life with him.

"What is this movie you keep talking about?" She asked him as fifteen year old Luke sneaked through her window with her VHS player and proceeded to plug her into her TV.

"I found her between my parents' old stuff in the basement. I've seen all of my parents' old movies that they hide there like fifteen times but it was the first time I've seen this one. And it quickly became my favorite movie."

After he played the movie, he sat down next to her on her bed, pointing with his finger to the TV.

"Watch it watch it."

"I'm watching, calm down," she chuckled, looking at the tv. "Is it a christmas movie?"

"Shh, shh," he said.