twenty five

T W E N T Y F I V E

she's the girl next door

AT SIX PM, LUKE PRESENTED HIMSELF AT THE COFFEE SHOP READY TO PERFORM WITH THE GUYS.

"How did it go?" Reggie asked him and he just shrugged.

"I think I'm sticking with plan B," he said softly, making his friends smile.

"You staying in LA!?" Exclaimed Alex and Luke laughed. "Am I dreaming? Is this a dream? I don't think it is a dream because Reggie is here."

"Hey! What's thats supposed to me!?" Yelled Reggie, hurt. Luke just laughed, holding on to his guitar.

"I could never leave you guys. The band is the most important thing to me right now. We have to record our album, be the legends we are meant to be, and live life like there's no tomorrow."

"Is this a pep talk?" Asked Julie resting her arm on his shoulder as he chuckled.

"Yeah, it is. We have a performance to do and heads to rock out. You ready?" The guys chuckled.

"Never been more ready. Or readier? Is that a word?" Questioned Reggie to Alex as he exhaled.

"This is why I know I'm not dreaming," mumbled Alex.

Luke chuckled at the band got up the stage, being received by cheering from the people at the coffee shop.

"What's up Riggs's, how you doin?" Said Luke to the microphone and the people cheered, making him smile. "We have a good audience tonight I see. And a lot of people have asked us for this particular song, so why not perform it? This is Still Into You, hope you like it."

Alex was quick to enter with the drums as soon as Luke stopped talking, and Julie stepped away from the keyboard, grabbing the microphone and starting to sing.

"Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together. I need the other one to hold you. Make you feel, make you feel better. It's not a walk in the park to love each other. But when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny, you're the worth it. Cause after all this time... I'm still into you..."

"She sings beautifully," said Jack to his daughter, and she nodded.

"She has the voice of an angel."

"So I talked to Luke." Peyton raised her eyebrows.

"I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you. And even baby our worst nights. I'm into you, I'm into you. Let 'em wonder how we got this far, 'cause I don't really need to wonder at all. Yeah, after all this time. I'm still into you."

"What did you guys talk about?"

"Nothing bad, we just... talk about colleges." Peyton nodded. "He told me New York was his plan A, and I think he's gonna follow it."

Peyton looked at him for a few seconds. "He said he will go to New York with me?"

"That's what we agreed on I guess."