chapter six

"But... Kageyama..."

...

"What i don't get is..."

shit.

"what about..."

shit.

"that blush.. on your.."

SHIT!

"I'm gonna go make you some soup."

"Huh? But wait Kag-"

"Be back soon."

Before Hinata could protest, Kageyama was already out the door leaving his room.

So I guess I was right. He was blushing.

I wonder why? And... why was he so embarrassed about it..?

Hinata sighed.

Oh well. He'll be back soon.

The thing is, Hinata had a crush on Kageyama for a long time. 

He knew they were both guys. He knew that it was 'wrong' of him. But honestly? He didn't care. Truth be told, he just wished the world itself was a little more welcoming.

It took a while for Hinata to understand his feelings.

From the first time they met, Hinata found him to be endearing. With his dark, raven hair, and his piercing steel blue eyes, not to mention the fact that he's ripped. How could he not like him?

All of Hinata's female friends from school thought he was attractive, and constantly talked about him. That's kind of how he figured it out. 

But his actual feelings for him started back when they lost the match to Aoba Johsai, during the Prefectural Qualifiers. Hinata kind of just knew, because that's when he started to see him as not just a teammate, but also as a partner, and a friend.

They would always bicker and fight, but that's what Hinata enjoyed most. He loved the competition, and he loved that he had someone he could truly be himself around.

Oh, how he wished they could be more.

Hinata understood that things couldn't work out for them. But, what if he felt the same?

Is it possible... that maybe, just maybe... they really could  be more?

...

Kageyama grabbed a can of soup from the cabinet. 

He felt like such an idiot.

I just realized I have feelings for him... and I'm already fucking shit up?

Kageyama knew there's no way Hinata would like him. 

He's way too dense to have feelings for anyone, let alone a guy.

I feel so stupid. Damn it.

Kageyama decided he'll make two cans, one for himself, the other for Hinata.

He was pouring both cans into a pot when he suddenly heard the front door open.

Oh, are his parents back?

"Hinata? What are you doing in the kitchen?" 

He could hear a feminine, kind sounding voice from the other room.

Shit. They'll probably think I'm intruding.

The woman, presumably Hinata's mother, walked into the kitchen holding his sister Natsu. Once she noticed Kageyama she smiled.

"Kageyama! It's nice to see you!"

Kageyama was surprised that she knew his name. He was also surprised to see how much he looked like Hinata.

Although her hair was a light brown, her eyes reminded Kageyama of him. Large, warm, and welcoming.

"Here, let me help you with that." She grabbed a wooden spoon and began stirring the pot of soup. She then placed a smiling Natsu onto a nearby stool.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's alright dear! Shouyo texted me a little while earlier." She waved towards a stool near the counter. "Sit."

Kageyama followed her directions and sat down on the stool. Natsu smiled at him and waved, and he waved back at her, trying his best to smile in a way that wouldn't terrify her.

"Thank you so much for taking care of him while we were gone. I apologize. I really would have stayed home, but his father and I couldn't get out of work in such short advance."

"It's nothing. He's easy to care for. Besides, it's not like I have anything better to do, and he's my partner, right? We stick together."

Kageyama, realizing he said too much, blushed.

She laughed. "You're right! I'm glad Shouyo's made such a good friend at school."

Wow, she's so kind. I guess that's where Hinata gets it from.

She smiled over at Kageyama.

"You know, I'm glad we're having the chance to chat. Shouyo's already told me so much about you and the team. You're a setter, right?"

Happy they're switching the focus to volleyball, Kageyama smiled. "Yup."

"He's told me a lot about your sets. Not that I understand much of it anyways," She giggled. "But I know he enjoys playing with you!"

They went on talking like this for a while.

"You must be tired Kageyama. Do you need a ride home?"

"Actually, Hinata invited me to sleep over if that's okay."

"Oh, of course!" She grinned from ear to ear. 

"I see why my Shouyo really likes you. You're such a nice boy!"

"He said... he likes me?" Kageyama looked down.

She then unexpectedly put her hand overtop of his.

At that point, her voice turned tender, soft and loving. It reminded him of his own mother.

"Hey sweetie... if you liked him, and you guys wanted to date? That'd be quite alright with me." 

He looked up, blushing again.

What?!

She let out a small giggle. "Oh. Soup's ready!"

She spooned the soup into two bowls and handed them to Kageyama.

"How about you go and take these upstairs?"

Kageyama smiled at her.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hinata."

He picked up the bowls of soup and made his way upstairs.

I hope u enjoyed this chapter! lmao i keep trying to end it but i really like where this is going, gonna try to make the next chapter the last one. anyways if you enjoyed please vote! tysm!!!~

molly ☺