V E N T I S E T T E

— x

— x.ᴅ.ʀ.

"Dada up." Emiliano squealed right beside my ear making me flinch away from him a little. Turning my head to his side I found him looking at me with a wide smile while extending his arms and wrapping them around my neck.

"Don't scream in my ear, principino. I told you about that." Explaining I wrapped my arm around his little body and stood up from our position on the floor.

"Mama w-whe.. umm, whe-e?" He struggled to say causing me to smile at his trying of pronouncement.

"Where is mamma? Is that what you want to say?" I asked making his eyes lit up and his head bob a little. "Come on, let's find mamma.. where do you think she is hiding?"

The week passed since Antea's memories started to come back and things slowly started to fall into their place. Everything started to somehow be like before, like before everything bad that happened. Before I made my mistakes.

I'm still in constant fear of her remembering and dilemma of telling her the real cause of her miscarriage,  but I don't have that in myself. I'm a coward.

I'm scared that if I tell her everything will go downhill. Just like it did last time. I can't watch her trying to kill herself, not again. I can't risk her or the baby. She means too much to me.

Walking towards the living room we found Antea sitting on the couch. Her face seemed twisted in one of pain and discomfort caused me to speed my pace.

"Amore? Are you alright?" I asked letting Emiliano down on the couch while I crunched in front of her.

"I'm fine. It's just.. baby is just moving a lot today. And it keeps laying on my bladder." She said smiling making my lips tilt upwards. My hand found its way on hers engulfing her hand in mine while my eyes didn't leave her face.

"Baby's moving? How does it feel?" My curiosity got the best of me. You can't blame me. During Maddie's pregnancy, I wasn't really with her. She would usually push me away from herself. I didn't experience that part of Emiliano's life how I would like I did.

"Well, umm.. it feels weird. It's like the baby is doing some kind of swirls? I don't know how to explain. It's like butterflies in the stomach but more intense." Chuckling she answered.

I couldn't suppress the feeling of pride that washed over me. Not just because of my baby but because of the women carrying it. Even though she was through so much she is right here next to me, smiling. Carrying our child.

"I mean.. you already knew about how it feels, right?" She asked averting her eyes on Emiliano next to her.

My smile fell a little as I shook my head slowly. "No. I don't know how it feels." Smiling sadly I rubbed a thumb over the back of her hand.

"Oh yeah, cause she left you." She mumbled but then as quickly as words left her lips she slapped a hand over her mouth. Her eyes widened and started to get watery making a frown pull in my eyebrows.