Chapter Three

Hisa

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

     I ended up pairing with Hattori. The rain wouldn't stop seeping into our clothes as we slashed at one another. Our tiny blades clashed together making an ugly screeching sound. There were always two rules when it came to duels between us. One, win with honor. Two, do anything else to win. We train as if it were life and death, so when it comes to life or death moments, we won't be the one left dead.

    We tumbled to the floor as I swept his feet. Straddling him I tried to put my blade to his neck, where he skillfully grabs my wrist, twisting it, then flipping me over. I let out a gasp of air as my head hit one of the garden rocks. It was his turn on top now and mine to defend.

     He came down with his knife and I made an 'x' with my hands, stopping him in the act. Now what? How can I get this guy off me? My brain worked like a well-oiled machine because I thrusted up with my hips and kicked him off me with my knees.

    As if he knew what I was going to do, he put his spare hand on my waist, pinning me in my spot. He then moved my elbow, and grabbed my blade, ripping it from me to be his, and placed it to my neck. "Ugh, I yield." I groaned out.

     He rolled off me, a smile back on his lips. I sat up, crossing my legs and rubbing the growing bump on the back of my head. I should have never taken him to the ground, I had a better chance of winning on my feet. He was known for his groundwork.

     There was soon another hand rubbing the back of my head, and the rain had stopped coming down. I looked up to see Hattori hovering over me, a worried expression on his face. "I'm okay." I sighed laying down in the mud.

    "You are going to get sick."

     "I'm so embarrassed that I lost, just let me get sick." I was being overdramatic, the chances of me winning had always been 50-50 with him. He was just so strong, but he was always the one trying to catch up to me. He just knows me too well at this point.

    Lord Oda always said that it would come down to who wanted it more, and I could agree with that. Hattori's frown deepened, "up." He ordered. I stiffened at that. Hattori was my superior, I guess I can't refuse a command.

    "Was that an 'up' from leader Hattori Hanzo or Fiancé Hattori," I teased sitting up.

     "Whichever will get you up faster."

    "Leader Hattori Hanzo it is," I put my hands on my knees and stood up. Hattori looked like he wanted to make himself an umbrella for my sake and I couldn't help but giggle. "We should take a bath before the hot water is all taken."

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

    I was laying in Hattori's room looking up at the ceiling with my hands on my stomach. All I could think about was how that fox was doing. Where should I leave it when it's all healed up? Back by the river? Maybe it has a family. Are foxes even pack animals?

    A dark spot clouded my vision, it was Hattori holding up a blanket for me, in the act to cover me. Then he realized that I was awake. "Cold?" He questioned, I nodded my head.

    "Yeah, it's pretty cold." He laid the blanket over me. Then went back to practicing his sword on a hay dummy he had set up in his room. All I could hear was the pounding rain on the windows and the sound of the blade cutting through the air over and over.