Chapter 5

Quote for the chapter:

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart."

- Helen Keller
__________________________________

Chloe's room was not as big as her school mates. It was tiny compared to others, but rather cozy. There were many books inside her shelves. Chloe has always been a fan of reading. Her bed was only big enough for one person. Near her bed, her study table was placed there beside the window. She didn't have many things except books.

"Fuck. Fuck. Where is it? Hell no!" Chloe shouted inside her room.

Chloe panicked as she kept on searching something inside her bag. She was sure that she had left it inside her bag. She should have better known to bring the love letter she wrote two years ago with her. Had she actually planned to give the love letter to the receiver? Of course, she hadn't. She was reading the love letter and had forgotten to place it back inside her drawer, and instead placed it inside her bag. It would stir up problems if her letter was in the wrong hands. There were many people who wanted to embarrass her just to witness the Ice Queen's vulnerable side, but it's never going to happen. Chloe didn't care much about her past crush. She just doesn't want people to stick their noses in her business.

The love letter where is it? Why the hell did I decide to bring it with me this week?

"Chloe, is everything alright?" a beautiful middle-aged woman asked.

Chloe's mother, Annie, has brunette hair similar to hers with hazel eyes. Despite being in her early forties, she still looks dazzling. Her mother's a housewife and is rather popular among the men, but of course, the only who could catch her attention is her father, Harvey.

"I'm fine mom. I just lost something."

"Why not find it tomorrow? Come one let's have dinner."

Chloe nodded and went down to have dinner with her family. There are four of them. Her dad, her mom, and her little brother, Brian, who is still in elementary.

"Sis. Play with me later on." Brian said with a bright smile.

Brian, unlike Chloe, has blonde and blue eyes similar to his father. They are the polar opposites. Brian is similar to Annie, cheerful and playful. He gets along with everyone. Chloe on the other hand took over her father. Serious and shy on the inside, found it hard to get along with others. They were always mistaken for being cold, but unlike her father, Chloe didn't care much about others' opinions as long as they didn't do something troublesome out of it.

"Tomorrow. I have to study and make sure that all the proposals are ready." Chloe said, coldly.

"Alright. It's a promise then. Love you, sis." Brian said cheekily.

"Love you too." Chloe smiled warmly.

As all sisters are, Chloe has always had a soft spot for her younger brother Brian. Brian and her mother for God's sake have always been able to accept their behavior. Brian knows that her sister actually has a brother complex and that her sister loves and dotes on him. Despite their age gap, they get along pretty well. Chloe would always find time to spend time with Brian; hence, getting her assignments and projects done as soon as possible.

"You and your dad are really..." Her mom, Annie said.

This has been Annie's reaction every time Chloe does something similar to what her father does. It doesn't even surprise her anymore. Like father; like daughter. Well, with Biran to balance out the family, it's quite a fascinating family they have here.

Tonight they were having an Italian dinner. Spaghetti and salad are Chloe's favorites. Annie's really good at cooking. Everyone in the neighborhood knows them especially when Chloe is a scholar and the student council president of Hidget Academy and not to mention Annie's reputation. Annie's well-known in the community since she's friendly with everyone.

"What is it, honey?" Chloe's dad, Harvey asked with a cold face.

Sometimes Chloe wonders how her father has swept her mother off her feet. Her father does have an adorable side though. One time, Chloe caught her father smiling charmingly at her mother when he was teasing her mother. That explains why her mother loves her father. Her father, despite his cold exterior, is actually a soft boy when it comes to her mother. He just has a hard time showing it to others.

"I'm just saying that our dear Chloe got your genes. Is it so hard to smile, you two? I'm glad that Brian's here to smile with me." Annie said, shaking her head.

"Daddy and Chloe love us and I love them too," Brian said brightly.

Chloe nodded then continued to finish her dinner. She really feels blessed having Brian around. He's such a sweetie pie, and even Chloe finds it hard not to spoil him from time to time. She's happy on how she's been blessed with such a fantastic family. Although her parents fight from time to time, they'll solve the problem quickly. Chloe wonders if she would be able to meet someone like how her father has. A romantic partner who would be able to understand her. So far all the guys in school were afraid of her except Jevon and Corner. Jevon already has Natalie so it's out of the question while Corner isn't also the one for her. Corner's just a friend. She never considered girls but as far as she knows, she's straight.

"I'll never leave you, Honey. You know it." Harvey said to Annie.

"I love you too. Is it so hard to say I love you?" Annie said with a light laugh and pecked the cheek of Harvey which made Harvey blush.

Chloe chuckled softly. She fully knows that her father finds it difficult to say the words 'I love you' and tends to say 'I won't leave you' instead. Chloe's sure that when her parents are alone, they're surely chummy with each other. Chloe's parents are actually really sweet despite her dad's coldness or rather a shyness. Both of them are not good at expressing their feelings.