twelve

fangirl
chapter twelve | no one's point of view.

"jesus christ, it is fucking freezing," vinnie whines

"jesus christ, it is fucking freezing," vinnie whines. they had just stepped out of eileen's warm car, and they were already shaking. "i know," eileen agrees, grabbing her phone and keys. she had changed before they left—seeing as it was about 50°. she had changed into grey joggers, her mini ugg boots, and a simple tee and a lilac hoodie. she had her hair down and a grey beanie on. vinnie was wearing black sweatpants, white air forces, and his pink hoodie with a white beanie.

eileen walks her way to the back of the car and pops the trunk. vinnie stands by her, ready to carry the blankets they brought. eileen moves to grab the big yellow fuzzy blanket, when vinnie grabs it from her. "i got it," he assures her, while she just nods and moves to grab the other white one.

she closes the trunk & locks her car, and they're on the way to sit on the bleachers. eileen can already hear her mother's loud laugh and her grandmother's as well. "so do you think your friends will be here?" vinnie asks, as they walk side by side on the sidewalk. eileen shrugs. "i'm not sure. if they are here, i'll say hey to them— but i have a feeling they don't want to watch the game. and i promised ollie i'd watch him, so i might just sit with my parents."

vinnie nods and just smiles softly at the ground. he had only been with her for about five hours, but he was in complete bliss. they had spent the time before the game just talking and laughing with each other.

"honey!" they both hear and eileen snaps her head to the left to see her mother waving at her. she smiles and leads the way over. "hey," she greets once she sits in front of them. "now, who is this cutie pie?" eileen's grandmother teases, and despite her cheeks already being red from the cold, they heat up.

"i'm vinnie," he states with a small smile on his face. "mom, that's who i was talking about," danielle whispers not so discreetly to eileen's grandmother. vinnie just laughs and her grandmother beams at him. "hi vinnie, it's nice to meet you. i'm trinity, eileen's grandmother."

"is that them over there?" vinnie asks, leaning in closer to eileen's side. the game was supposed to start in ten minutes and at this point it was just getting colder. the pair had sat on top of the white blanket, then leaned into other's warmth under the big fuzzy blanket. eileen furrows her eyebrows, but moves her gaze to see where vinnie is looking. when she looks over to her right, she sees sam, tristan and dylan all moving towards the bleachers with grins on their faces.

"is that dylan?" danielle asks, leaning towards her daughter. when danielle had met dylan about two months ago— she was sure this kid was perfect for eileen. but after hearing what happened about two weeks ago, her feelings changed as she looked at the boy with annoyance.