•Chapter Eleven• 'Read to me'

Luca's Pov -

When I arrived at the now smashed up club, I saw that my men had already taken down the Russians.

Very few where dead, while a bunch of them rolled around on the ground. They clutched onto wherever they where wounded, groaning in pain. Drinks where spilled, glasses smashed and trails of fresh red blood was smeared across the shiny floor.

"Come cazzo non l'abbiamo visto arrivare?" I snarled, looking around at my men. [How the fuck didn't we see this coming?]

But when their guns instantly raised, I knew exactly who was standing behind me...

"Well, well, well" A sickening and familiar voice called out. "If it isn't Luca Vendor" He finished of his sentence as I turned my body to face him, a sly smirk spread across my face.

"Michail" My voice dripped with hatred as I stared at the Russian leader, his thin blonde hair swept back from his face. Two scars on each cheek and gold jewels on his two top teeth. He wasn't a tall man, his build was big but he had very stumpy legs attached to his muscly torso.

"Had to give you a little warning, considering you have been wiping out some of my men" He placed his cigar to his mouth, blowing out a shit load of smoke afterwards.

I let out a deep sarcastic chuckle. "I wouldn't exactly class it as a warning, you should work on toughening up your men" I drew my leg back and kicked one of his men, who was already crippled on the floor.

Anger grew on Michail's face as the weakling I had just kicked, let out a loud sharp grown. A smirk played on my face as I cocked my head to the side.

His men behind him drew their guns, but mine where faster, blowing bullets to some of their legs.
Michail only stood still, puffing his cigar some more with a scowl on his face.

"You're playing a very dangerous game, Luca" and with that he turned, the men who managed to not be shot followed after him.

"Not one fucking word to my father about this" I turned to my men, watching them nod.

"I will deal with it, all in good time" My eyes glared into the back of Michail's head, watching as he left my club...

-
Kimberly's Pov -

I couldn't sleep.

My body tossed and turned in the sheets, worrying and overthinking about what could be happening.

Giving up, I jumped from my bed and threw on my black robe. When I reached my kitchen, I turned on the tap and filled my glass with some cold water.

Just as the water touched my lips, a loud knock echoed around my apartment making me flinch and snap my head in the direction of the door, a shaky sigh left my mouth before I placed the glass down on the kitchen counter.

I tip toed over to my door, glancing at my clock on the way, 1:32am was the time and after taking a deep breath, I peered through the peephole.

My hands worked with a unimaginable speed, instantly unlocking the door when I saw who was standing there, in the empty hallway.

"Luca" I breathed, relieved to see he was okay.

He stepped inside and I quickly closed the door behind him, "W-what happened?" I asked but he only shook his head.

"I'm not going to tell you that, amore" [Love]

My eyebrows instantly furrowed, "Why not, I saw your gun-" I took a breath. "Do you have it on you, right now?" I dared to ask.