•Chapter Twelve• 'Just trust me...'

Kimberly's Pov -

When I woke up this morning, I found my couch empty. No Luca to be seen, yet his manly cologne still lingered in my apartment. The blanket had been left in the middle of the couch, neatly folded.

"So you're telling me, the guy who we saw at the club a week ago...stayed at your house last freaking night and you never even had sex with him?" Rebecca spoke and I instantly hushed her, pulling her down the hospitals hallway.

"No." I whispered, checking to see that nobody was around.

"You're crazy, if a man who looked like that was in my apartment, I would of had my claws all over him" She chuckled, making me roll my eyes.

There's only so much I can keep away from Rebecca, with her being my best friend...I just knew that the Luca situation would soon come out.

"He's different, Bec"

"Different. In what way?" She asked.

"Well..." I stopped myself, suddenly deciding to not go into the whole Mafia thing. I mean, I hardly know much about it myself.

"I don't know, you know me" I replied, while laughing it off.

"Oh, I most certainly know you! Now don't try prying him off, you are so bad at doing that when a guy is interested" She stated, folding her arms across her chest.

She's right, I really am.

I've never even had a proper relationship and dare I say...the last time I had sexual intercourse was around three years ago, with a sweet guy I had met in medical school.

Let's just say, that definitely didn't work out.

"I mean, look at Derick! The poor man has been trying to ask you out since the moment we started working here" She said, making me instantly furrow my eyebrows.

"Derick, no" I laughed. "He's just being...friendly"

"Rightt" She dragged the T while rolling her wide eyes at me. Rebecca is known for her famous red hair and pretty blue eyes, she's incredibly stunning and very model like, especially with her long legs.

We had now made it outside of the theatre rooms and I took a deep breath before pushing open the door, which gave me a clear view of the sinks we use to clean ourselves, before doing any surgery.

"All I'm saying is, if you feel there is something there then please don't go second doubting yourself like you usually do. I just really want to see you happy someday, Kimmy" Rebecca sweetly smiled at me.

With a small smile and an understanding nod, I began to clean and prepare myself for the surgery on a young girl, that we had ahead.

-

It was dark when I arrived home and my back was hurting so bad. Standing up for a whole three hour surgery really kills you off. After locking up my car, I carried my legs along the knobbly pathway.

All of sudden, my arm was tugged and if I hadn't of recognised those familiar emerald eyes, I would of been screaming to the top of my lungs right now. "What the hell, Luca!" My eyes widened at him, he had pulled me into an ally way that was right beside my apartment blocks entrance.

"You have to come with me" His hands where resting on my hips, my back flush against the brick wall.

"I haven't got time for these games again Luca, I will not be ordered around like a dog" I tried to pull from his grip, but when his face softened and he began to shake his head, I couldn't help but feel worried.

"This is far from a fucking game, Kimberly" He let go of me, running his large hand through his dark messy hair.

"Then, I don't understand...what's happened?"

"I should never have come here last night, especially after the events that had unfolded just before-" He paused, glancing at his watch.

"Kimberly, I just need you to just trust me and come with me" He looked into my eyes.

Strangely, something deep inside me, trusts this man a lot and I have absolutely no idea why.

And so, I let him take my hand and lead me to his black limousine...

•••

I want to thank you for getting this book to 1k reads already!! I really appreciate it🥺❤️
Hope you all had a good day and I apologise for this chapter only being short, but I'm really busy at the moment!

I want to thank you for getting this book to 1k reads already!! I really appreciate it🥺❤️Hope you all had a good day and I apologise for this chapter only being short, but I'm really busy at the moment!