chapter 45

Miraan stayed at home with Dada saeen, as everyone else left for Lahore. Dada Saeen couldn't travel that much, and Miraan also stayed because traditionally, it was only the family who went to ask for girl's hand. 

Chashman felt her heart stopping when she got to know about Rohero family's arrival. Miraan hadn't informed her about it and she also wasn't expecting them to come so soon. Chashman greeted the family, but she was feeling very shy, knowing what they were here for. She headed to the kitchen with Amna to prepare somethings for them. 

"Someone seems very eager to marry you " Amna teased winking at chashman.She slapped amna's arm and turned away with a red face. 

When Saeer Ahmad arrived. Saem Rohero asked for Chashman's hand.

Mr Saeer looked at them a bit surprised. "he is chashman's father" he said looking at Daem rohero as if they were missing this point. 

" Yes, but you have brought her up, We are asking you for her hand in marriage for Miraan " Saem Rohero said. From all the things they had brought, Saeer Ahmad already had some idea about what they wanted. 

"Its an honor for me" He said barely controlling his emotions. But then he stood up" I need to ask her about what she wants " he went to the kitchen, where they were. 

Chashman was standing near the refrigerator. "Chashman, they are here with Miraan's proposal for you. Should I say yes ?" Saeer Ahmad asked directly placing a hand on her head.

Chashman felt her eyes filling with tears, she nodded her head as heart raced. She loved him, but this was difficult for her.

Saeer Ahmad went back after tapping her head lightly, "Its a yes from us" Saeer ahmad informed with a smile on his face. " but her studies. she is applying for her masters here" he continued. 

" I don't think that groom plans to wait that much "Daem muttered so that only Saem rohero could hear him. A smile touched his mouth knowing that Daem was right. Miraan was always very firm and quick about his decisions. If he wanted something, he didn't belief in waiting long for it. 

"She can take admission in Karachi. We can have the nikkah done this month and the proper wedding could be held in Winter vacations ?" Saem rohero suggested. 

"So soon ?" Saeer ahmad fumbled. 

"You don't need to worry about anything....Dada Saeen can't come here, and it would be good if he got to witness his grandchildren's wedding. So we were hoping that You all will agree to come and stay in our house for the functions. " Daem rohero said tactically. 

Saeer ahmad nodded as it sounded logical. Rohero family left after settling everything. Chashman was feeling very happy yet nervous. 

When hanan came home and got to know what happened, he went to Chashman's room. She was sitting on the bed." Have you completely lost it ?" He asked with a frown. 

" What ?" She asked clearly confused about what he meant. 

"How can you say yes to marry him ? have you seen the long list of girl in his life ? or what he do ?" He gritted his teeth. 

" He doesn't have any other girl in his life anymore. And about his work.... he doesn't hurt innocents" Chashman uttered. 

" You are defending him..... so you are already down the hill of love " Hanan sighed as he sat on the bed. 

" You are like a sister to me..... I just dont want you getting hurt. Dont think twice, if you ever feel like you made a wrong decision. We will always be here for you " Hanan said placing a hand on her head. Chashman nodded feeling emotional. She wasn't expecting her usually so jolly cousin to act like a big protective brother at that moment.....

-----------------------

Salaam readers! heres the update. Will give a longer update tomorrow.