Conversing With Some Thunder

Uh so I realized that the scythe is still in Harry and Ron's bedroom... let's just say when Lupin came to get them, he transported it out of there. All good? Ok, you can read now. 

Also, I don't own any of the characters! Don't kill me, please!

Will POV

I awake to a woman screaming. And when I say screaming, I mean full-on, ear-piercing, yelling and screeching. Nico is already on his feet, sword in hand. I take note that he isn't using his dominant hand (the one that got injured) and that he seems to have just woken up as well. Well, good. He needs sleep. I am still worried about his wound though. We really need to get some ambrosia and nectar. 

I rub my eyes to get the sleep out of them. I didn't sleep very heavily; I was too worried about Nico. Not that I would tell him that. He would not appreciate that I didn't get sleep because of him, but what am I supposed to do? Not care about my amazing boyfriend. No way in Hades. But seriously, I'm pretty sure Hades would kill me if I didn't make sure his son was ok at all times. 

The screaming lady stops her yelling, and someone yells through the house that it's ok up there. I suddenly realize something and bolt upright, startling Nico.

"Uh, Will? Are you ok?" Nico asks.

"We forgot to sacrifice some dinner last night," I say, groaning. Nico sits down on the couch next to me.

"Do the gods even know we're here? I mean, we don't belong in this timeline, so maybe they don't know that we're half-bloods." Nico poses this more as a question, and the sky decides to answer. Thunder rumbles outside. Nico and I blanch. Man, the sky god can get touchy. (Don't ever tell him I said that!) 

"I'm taking that as a yes, they know we are here, and we better sacrifice from now on, or else." The sky rumbles in approval. Nico looks incredulously at the ceiling. And I laugh at the situation we are in. In the past, at some wizards' house, having a conversation with some thunder. Being a half-blood is just so great

Mrs. Weasley then walks into the room, smiling brightly. Nico quickly hides his sword in the shadows, and I send him a discreet glare. He should not be doing any underworldly stuff! He just smiles sweetly at me.

"Good morning, Mrs. Weasley," Nico says politely. 

"Good morning dears!" She says enthusiastically. "I have some new clothing for you two, and I washed the clothes you came in yesterday, and you can use the shower just upstairs if you would like as well."

Oh, thank the gods for showers! Wait, is there a god for showers? Would that be Poseidon, or a different god entirely? Maybe a god of waterfalls? That seems pretty close to a shower. I would have to ask Percy I guess. Maybe Nico would know, he spends a lot of time with Hades and Persephone and they're gods, so they might know. And Poseidon is Hades' brother so it may have been brought up. But then again,-

"Will!" Nico's voice disrupts my thoughts, and his hand is waving in front of my eyes. 

"Huh? What?" Nico huffs exasperatedly.

"Mrs. Weasley is going to show us where the bathroom is. And she already cleaned up the mess we left upstairs. And she said that she cleaned out a bedroom for us. And got more medical bandages."

"Oh." I turn to Mrs. Weasley, rubbing the back of my head. "Sorry, I got sidetracked. Thank you so much, it really is appreciated." Mrs. Weasley smiles sweetly.

"No problem, dear. Now," She puts her hands on her hips. "Follow me upstairs you two, I'll show you your room. I hope you don't mind sharing a room with each other?"

"Not at all," Nico says and Mrs. Weasley smiles knowingly at us. Wait, does she know about Nico and me? How do moms always know?! Percy's mom did that too when she came to camp one time to bring everyone blue cookies. Honestly, I think all moms have magic powers.

~Line break in which they shower (separately!!!!!)~

I'm currently sitting on one of the beds in a dusty bedroom with my wet hair, waiting for Nico to finish his shower (He insisted I go first). I'll probably have to be here for a while because he takes forever. One time, he was taking so long, that we had to get Percy to shut off the water because there was a camp meeting. Another time, he almost got eaten by the cleaning harpies (which was truly hilarious; the Stolls would not shut up about it for weeks!).

I look around the room. There isn't a lot here, just two beds and some boxes. The bedroom is next to Sirius' at the end of the hall, and I'm guessing that this was just used for storage or something.

When we had come into the room earlier, we found our stuff laying on one of the beds. The scythe, still very bloody and creepy, was just sitting there along with Nico's ruined aviator jacket (he was very mad I cut it, but it's not like I was going to let him die!) and five different first aid kits with some mortal medicines. Now, the jacket was in the trash, the scythe was clean, and the medical kits at the foot of my bed.

I decide to go through the medkits while I wait for Nico. It seems like the wizards got a bit of everything. I'm not sure if that's because they need it, or have no idea what was what. I spot a bottle of eye drops for pink-eye and snicker. Nope, they are clueless. No one in this house has pink-eye, I would know. Being a demigod means inheriting powers or traits from your godly parent, and because I suck at archery, most of the skills went to my healing abilities.

I gained my healing powers from Apollo, and I've been told that it's a lame ability, but I think it's pretty cool. I can heal people sometimes by just touching them (if it's something small, like a paper cut or runny nose), and I can always sense if someone is hurt (Hense me knowing that no one has pink-eye). I also know how to heal almost anything (I'm still figuring out hiccups though, the dam things!). 

Anyway, although I would never say it straight to their faces, the people who say that healing is a lame power are wrong. Health is important. People will find it hard to fight monsters with an injured arm, but when I heal that arm, they are infinitely stronger and can fight harder. It's my job to make sure people can do just that: heal, get up, and face their monsters. The physical and emotional ones.

(That got a bit... I don't even know. But Will really cares about healing people and is really dedicated to his work, and I wanted to show that)

The door creaks open, and Nico comes into the room. He is dressed in his own black jeans (that have been kindly washed by Mrs. Weasley) and a grey shirt a bit too big for him, as he had to borrow from one of the Weasley kids. His shirt from yesterday is beyond repair at this point. Wait... he doesn't have his bandages on!

"Nico!" 

"Yes?" he says as innocently as possible.

"Come here and sit down. And take your shirt off." He raises his eyebrows mockingly, and I fight down a blush. I glare at him instead and hold up the bandages pointedly. He rolls his eyes and sits down.

"It took me forever to get this (his shirt) on, I'll have you know." My brow furrows. 

"Is it still hurting a lot? There's some medicine here. Do you want some Advil? You can take two." I give him the bottle. 

"Will, I'm fine, it just hurts when I move it a lot." Nico insists but still takes the Advil and pops two pills in his mouth. "There. I took medicine, happy?" 

"Yes," I say, and Nico smiles. He's cute when he smiles, I think to myself, then shake my head. Focus, Will. 

We finally get new bandages on Nico, and I am putting his arm in a sling that I found with the medicine kits when Mrs. Weasley's voice echoes through the house.

"Breakfast, everyone!"

A bit of a boring chapter sorry, but the next chapter is going to be getting into the plot, so hang in there!