•2•

Lunch with Haz yesterday was a lot of fun, and he even invited me to a party tonight. I've never been to a college party before, and I'm honestly a little nervous. I have nothing to wear, all of my clothes are pink, white, frilly and cutesy. I have a very girly style but that doesn't exactly work for a college party.
My phone dings, and I see Jacob asking me about my plans for the night. He's going to be studying, as he always is, so I know he's not asking to see me. I text him back a slight lie that I'm just going to hang out with some friends. He's weird and thinks parties are bad, so he can't know I'm going.
I grab my lavender skater dress, coming to the conclusion that it's just going to have to work. Besides, I've always been true to who I am, and I'm not about to change that for some drunk university students.
I finish getting ready, and wait for Haz since he said he was going to pick me up. I hope my parents don't see me leaving with another guy and think anything about it. I live in the guest house that is across the driveway from the main house, so they can see anyone who shows up at my door. Especially my little sister, who's constantly watching out the windows to spy on me.
Headlights shine through the curtains, and I grab my stuff, walking out of the front door. I get in the passengers seat of his car and he looks me up and down, a funny look on his face.
"What?" I ask.
"You'll be the least skanky girl at the party." He comments.
"Which will have all the guys trying to get in your pants." Tom says from the backseat which causes me to jump. I had no clue he was there.
"Holy fudge." I say and he laughs.
"You don't even curse?" He questions.
"No, of course not." I shake my head.
"I bet you go to church every Sunday too." He quizzes and I roll my eyes.
"My mum is a pastor." I say quietly.
"Oh my god!" Tom wheezes, now laughing so hard. Haz laughs along with him, and I get why. I'm the good girl stereotype but come on, it's not that big of a deal. It's like they've only ever been around druggies or something.
Well, at least Tom is laughing. I was almost positive that he was incapable of emotions of any kind.
"You guys are bullies." I say.
"Awh no I think your innocence is cute." Haz states.
"Mate don't call her cute. Her boyfriend will get so mad he might just curse at you." Tom jokes.
"I didn't even have to flirt with you for your girlfriend to go into bitch mode." I joke back.
"Well played." He nods. "But she's not my girlfriend."
I look to Haz as he parks the car, waiting for his take on the two, because it seems to me that they're definitely dating.
"Tom doesn't do commitment." Haz informs me.
Sounds about right.
We get out of the car and I can already hear the music and the sound of tons of people talking, yelling, and laughing. I don't know if parties are really my thing, but there's only one way to find out. I follow behind Haz as he walks inside, and see just how big the party actually is. I instantly start to feel uncomfortable, and Haz is quickly distracted by his other friends. I look around. Not quite sure where to go or what to do.
"Just gonna stand there looking lost princess?" Tom says to me and I glare at him.
"Princess? Really?" I question.
"Yeah." He nods. "You've got the whole princess vibe going on."
"I don't really like you." I say.
"Most people don't." He grins, and walks away, now leaving me completely alone.
Why did I come here. This was a very bad idea.
I wander around, navigating my way through the crowd. I see a group passing around some pills and my eyes widen, this is not the kind of party I thought it was.
"Sorry my friends dragged me away." Haz says, now at my side.
"Haz, what are they taking?" I ask.
He looks over to the group, seeing the pills they're passing around.
"Oh that's Xanax." He shrugs.
"I need to get out of here." I mutter.
"Oh come on not all of us do drugs, you can have fun and avoid them." He encourages. "Come on."
He pulls me through to the other side of the room where there's some people playing beer pong and drinking from a keg.
"Oh yeah cause this is so much better." I say sarcastically.
"I promise, you're gonna have fun." He says.
He leads me up to the beer pong table, saying hi to a few guys while I stand quietly, feeling uncomfortable.
"Guys this is Eliana." He introduces me.
"Hey, im tuwaine." The guy smiles widely at me.
"And I'm Harry." The shorter one says.
"Made the mistake of introducing her to Tom first." Haz says and Harry laughs.
"Pay my brother no mind, he's an ass."
Wait.. Tom has a brother that's actually nice? That's a shock. He's cute too.. or am I allowed to notice that when I have a boyfriend? Probably not.
"He definitely can be." I laugh.
"How about a round of beer pong? Haz can take your drinks for you." He offers and I look to Haz, who nods in agreement.
"Alright, let's do it." I say.
I go to one end of the table, and Harry goes to the other. I lift the ping pong ball, and toss it into one of the cups, leading Harry to take a shot. He then takes his turn, making it in a cup at the very front. Haz groans, taking a shot of whatever liquid they're using, whatever it is, it smells strong.
"You're right, this is fun." I giggle.
"Oh I'm sure it is for you, darling." Haz laughs.
We throw a few more, and at this point Haz is going to get very drunk very quickly. Harry is much better at this than I am. Tom comes over, now taking over the drinking on my behalf, although I know he's not doing it for me like Haz was. He just wants another reason to drink. Just as I'm about to take my turn, a hand grabs my shoulder, roughly turning me around.
"Are you kidding me Eliana?!"
What the heck is Jacob doing here? How did he even manage to find me?!
"Woah dude, take your hand off her." Haz says.
"Don't tell me how to touch my girlfriend." He says plainly, turning his attention back to me. Now all of our friends are standing around, watching, not quite sure what to say or do.
"Have you been drinking? Did you take anything?"
"What? No! I was just hanging out." I explain.
"You're at a party with drinking and drugs. That's not okay Eliana. Go get in the car, now." He says sternly.
"Oo church boy found a sweet innocent girl to control just to feel big and tough." Tom laughs and I sigh, just knowing that his comments are not going to go over well with Jacob. They're polar opposites.
"Excuse me?" Jacob says.
"Dude it's obvious you get some kind of power high from being a controlling dick-"
"Tom, stop." I say.
"I mean, gotta control her some way right? Not like you can dick her down since sky daddy said no." He carries on.
"I'm leaving." I mutter, turning and walking away.

A/N: asshole Tom is so fun to write