Chapter 22

As much as Yuki didn't want to go watch his friend break his bones away. Recovery girl hadn't exactly given him any option.

"Leave or I'll start throwing things at you!"

"But you'll break a hip-- OW! A stapler?!"

"LEAVE!"

Thus, he now sat in his seat watching the introduction of an edgy peppermint and a green glow stick.

"At the sports festival, both have shown top class performances! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now-- Midoriya versus Todoroki!"

Yuki clasped his hands together and took a deep breath, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, Midoriya...

"START!!"

Stomping his foot, a surge of ice was headed to the freckled boy who instantly flicked his fingers, halting the ice and scattering the ice itself along with the cold wind.

"Oh my--" Yuki instantly covered his face. Another finger broken.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" Present Mic shouted. The crowd cheered and rewarding the actions of both boys.

Todoroki sent out another surge of ice to which it was once again destroyed.

"He stopped it again!"

Yuki had his mouth covered. He wanted to yell obscenities at his friend.

Todoroki sent out another path of ice. Stopped. Cool wind hitting the crowds.

"If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibers tear," Yuki heard looking towards the source.

"And if you keep running, you'll run out of breath." Bakugo continued before looking down at his left arm.

"Quirks are physical abilities, too. They must also have some kind of limit."

Unfortunately... this match has turned into an endurance match.

"Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!"

Peppermint was now running almost above Midoriya before said boy flicked--

"One of his injured fingers?!" Yuki shrieked standing up from his seat.

Todoroki appeared from above going for a straight nose dive punch but Midoriya quickly reacts and jumps avoiding it. Icicles popping up from the floor where he once stood before expanding sideways towards him again. A bigger impact this time.

"He's crazy..." Yuki whispers, hearing a faint cry within the harsh wind.

The coolness settles down and Yuki's eyes widen in horror. "His arm--"

A conversation ensues between them. Before Todoroki attacks again with a path of icicles rushing larger than the previous towards Midoriya.

"Here comes the finishing ice attack!" Mic shouted excitedly.

Please finish up already.

The ice shatters once again. The burst of it pushed Todoroki back despite the ice trying to hold him in place.

The stadium quiets as both come to a stand still.

Midoriya shouts at him to give it his all and Todoroki begins to rush towards him.

He's gotten slow! The cold must be getting to his body

As Todoroki lunges himself at Midoriya, the boy ducks, pulls back his arm and manages to punch Todoroki in the gut.