Chapter 60

Reports of missing people dwindled after the speed chase. The only thing reported for a description was a man with an average stature with a suit that was similar to that of a beekeeper. It was beyond frustrating to know he had gotten away. The pressure placed on those in charge of the investigation was immense, many of them gaining insults and death threats. The people wanted closure for those who have gone missing and turned up dead. They wanted more clues to those who went missing and never resurfaced.

People on the internet argued, analyzed and argued over who it could potentially be. With video footage of the chase being available to the public. There had been hope when footage of the vehicle was able to be tracked through the city via surveillance cameras. However nothing came of it. Just as he had appeared, he had disappeared. Many offered to help, hoping maybe a quirk could assist them. No clues came up. Nothing. Weeks passed and something happened Detectives feared would eventually happen. There was a change in victims.

A pattern had appeared while investigated during the Murder's hiatus. A little before a mass grave was found and made headlines, there had been a sudden increase in the amount of elderly people dying. From there, if looked upon closely, emerged a pattern. One that had finally been linked. A link that was made 5 years too late.

* * *

"Get up."

Yuki flinched at the whip snapping against the floor. He tentatively sat up, his ankle pulling along the chain.

"How are you today?" Matsuda asked, walking over to a desk out of Yuki's reach.

Yuki remained quiet, carefully leaning against the wall as he stood onto his feet.

"I'm thinking of getting you a gift." Matsuda happily announced.

Yuki snapped his head up towards the man. Eyes wide with fright.

"Relax." Matsuda chuckled. "It won't be anything serious."

That wasn't enough for Yuki to relax. He'd learned Matsuda had a pretty loose definition of 'serious.'

Matsuda looked through a couple papers before asking, "Pick a number. 1 or 2."

No.

Yuki remained quiet.

There was a list Matsuda went through when he asked for a number. If the cells were empty, the first thing he asked for was essentially 'How many...?'

"One." Yuki barely managed to whisper.

Matsuda looked down at his desk before removing a couple sheets of paper.

"Pick a number. 1, 2 or 3."

Yuki always had a difficult time with the second one. 1 could mean elderly. 2, middle aged. And 3, children. Or the opposite way. Or 2, children. 1, middle aged. Or 3 elderly. Matsuda always found ways to torment Yuki upon his return with the opposite of what the boy might have imagined the next person to look like.

Yuki looked down to his dirty feet. His long hair draped over his face.

"...3" the boy's voice trembled.

A couple papers were removed from the desk and placed onto the stack.

"Pick a color. Black, Pink, or White."