Chapter 68

Yuki allowed himself a few silent tears.

At the glimpse of someone turning into the street, he wiped them away. As much as he would have liked to stay longer he wasn't about to look like a crazy guy balling his eyes out in the middle of a bright sunny afternoon, outside a seemingly strangers house.

Yuki turned away from the place, feeling lighter than he had before and began his journey back to U.A.

* * *

"Satori!" Yuki winced upon entering the dorms. He along with his other classmates at the scene looked over to their homeroom teacher. A visible scowl rested on his exhausted features.

"Y-yes, Aizawa-sensei?" Yuki carefully spoke.

"You were expected back before noon. The old lady said your work study ended early." Aizawa informed the boy as he marched right up to him. "Care to explain where you've been for the last 8 hours and 37 minutes?"

Yuki froze. Opting to look away from his instructor and keeping quiet.

"If this is how it's going to be during your work study then I might as well put an end to it while--"

"No! No, I just-- I stopped by my place. There were a few things I wanted to... review... freshen up on topics... sir." Yuki racked his brain for the most believable excuse he could muster. His classmates looked between the two. Yuki had visibly made himself look smaller than Aizawa as he was being stared down. Also noting a white box Yuki held.

"What was the point of letting you participate in the work studies if you were going to break the rules set in place to keep you out of trouble?" Aizawa scowled.

Yuki lightly shrugged, "To be fair, I kinda missed the train back--"

"You have your scooter do you not?" Aizawa's gaze changed upon pointing it out.

A strained laugh left the boy, his eyes widening at how transparent his lie and obvious mistake. His classmates held back giggles, getting comfortable in their spots to see how he'd get out of that one.

"Well... you see..." Yuki cleared his throat looking down. "I have pastries. For everyone."

"Don't attempt to deter the subject." Aizawa told him.

Yuki nodded slowly walking away from him, "They really need to be refrigerated--"

Aizawa narrowed his eyes on the boy. Receiving a look from him, he took it as a sign he would eventually come to him to talk it over.

Hesitating to let the topic drop he sighed, "I'll expect an explanation within 24hours."

"YEs, SiR!" Yuki nervously shouted.

Upon Aizawa leaving the dorms he was found surrounded by children.

"What kind of pastries did you bring?"

"Is there chocolate?"

"Are there any souffle's?"

"I should get the tea started."

"Are they from the cafe we went to last time?!" Kirishima shouted among the bombarding questions.

Yuki instinctively held up the box above his head. "Yes! There's plenty for everyone, calm down!"

-.-.-