Chapter 17

After two weeks practicing with the capture weapon and healing some injuries from his classmates it was finally the day of the sports festival.

"I don't want to do this anymore." Yuki bluntly stated as he sat in the waiting room.

"What? What's wrong Yuki-kun?" Uraraka asked.

"I don't think I'll be leaving any lasting impressions on the heroes', my quirk isn't exactly flashy." Yuki sighed heavily.

"Everyone, Are you ready?" Iida shouted as he burst through the doors.

"We will be entering soon!"

Yuki whined letting his head slam on the table.

Can I still back out?

"Midoriya,"

"Todoroki-kun? What is it?"

Yuki closed his eyes in hope of sleeping through the entire event.

The atmosphere shifted from nervous to tense.

Great, a love confession.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you." Todoroki began.

Oof

"Huh?... Y-yeah...."

Don't just give in so easily!

"But... All Might had his eye on you. Doesn't he?"

GREAT! Secret is out! Not It! It wasn't me!

"I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you."

So...not a love confession....

"Oh? Is the best in the class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari asked.

"Oi, oi, oi! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? Not now, we're about to start!" Kirishima piped in.

Deep sleep, take over.... NOW!

"We're not here to play at being friends. So what does it matter?"

Fucking edgy peppermint.

"Todoroki-kun, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me,"

Seriously? I thought it was pretty self-explanatory... IN BATTLE YOU DUMB BEAN

"But of course you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people..."

Stop. His ego is gonna grow...

"Looking at it objectively..."

"Midoriya, you probably shouldn't talk so negatively..." Kirishima spoke up again trying to ease the tension.

"But everyone-- The students from other courses are aiming for the top with everything they're got! I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be going for it with everything I have, too."

"Yeah."

That's it...? 'Yeah.'.....? Wtf

"Okay!" Yuki shouted, springing up from his chair, slamming his hands on the table.

" 'nough of that pizazz! Let's get going before we all turn crazy from the tension!"

"Hey!" Present Mic shouted through the speakers. Followed by the crowd's own 'Hey.'

"Pay attention audience! Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo of adolescence that you all love, the U.A. sports festival is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready?!"