Chapter 28: Breakfast

A/N: 27.12 2020

The exclusive "Conan The Dandelion" chapters have began on Patreon. If you'd like to read them, you can find the link in my bio!

Oh, and who is your favorite character and why?

🌻🌻🌻

When I returned home, Parker and I had dinner, and we studied. When we went to bed, I put my alarm super early. I woke up the next day and snuck to the kitchen, and began making breakfast as quietly as I could. I called Zev to ask him for his fluffy pancakes recipe.

I could tell that he was half asleep when he answered, and apologized for bothering him, but Zev sent me a picture and even stayed on the phone to follow and guide me along each step. An hour later, right as the sun was coming up, I heard Parker get out of bed. He came out and stopped in surprise.

"Good morning, Parker," I smiled.

"What's all this?"

"Breakfast."

"What's the occasion?" he asked skeptically.

"It's a new day!"

Parker looked at me and laughed. Anyone else would have given me The Look, but he no longer did. Instead, he said, 'Conan being Conan', which was a phrase he'd often repeat. We sat down and ate.

I tried to talk more and told Parker about my friendship with Ryan, and how we were making lots of progress on the play, but he didn't like it when I brought Ryan up, so I changed the subject.

After breakfast, we washed up and got ready for class. I brushed my teeth while Parker shaved, and he brushed his teeth while I combed my hair. When we finished getting ready, Parker went to the kitchen to prepare our lunch.

"You can finish packing your bag, I'll do the dishes."

I went to the sink, but instead of leaving, Parker followed me and leaned against the counter.

"Alright, what's going on?" he said.

"Many things, each and every second," I told him.

Parker turned off the sink, and the water stopped.

"I can't wash the dishes if there's no water," I frowned.

"You can do the dishes after you look at me."

So I turned towards him, looked him in the eyes, and then turned the sink back on. Parker shut it off again. I frowned.

"You're acting strange," he said. I didn't know how to reply to that.

"I see," I murmured. Parker sighed, taking a step closer towards me.

"You're not gonna talk?"

I remained silent, and Parker sighed.

"Fine," he grumbled, pushing himself off the counter. Panic rose in my chest as I felt him slipping away.

"You didn't kiss me on the forehead yesterday," I blurted when he was at the threshold.

My cheeks flared red. That sounded sillier aloud than it did in my head.

You're such a child, Conan. You're a spoiled brat who doesn't deserve anything, let alone, Parker.

"You mean this?" Parker asked, walking towards me and kissing me on the forehead. His lips were warm, and he smelled of fresh pine and mint instead of tobacco and alcohol.