Chapter 2: My first friend

A/N: 15.10.2020

WOW, +1k views in just a day? The Homie gang still be strong.

Btw, I might be doing a live stream on Instagram this Saturday! I'll confirm this tomorrow, and also give the time I'll be on. If you guys want to stop by and say hi, or even chat with me, follow me @letsgohomehidee on Instagram :) Can't wait to see you xx

🌻🌻🌻

I gaped at him curiously, admiring his sharp jaw, chin, and high cheekbones. On each side of his nose were two midnight black eyes. He ran his hand through his tousled hair which allowed me to see his graceful thick brows. Oh, and his nice forehead. He had a nice forehead.

His arms fell and crossed over his chest. He was wearing a shirt that tightened around his muscles. I looked back towards his face, fixating his sharp lips that were still pulled in a scowl. I think he'd look even more handsome if he were smiling, but of course, I kept that thought to myself.

I realized that we had been staring at each in silence for a while and wondered if this was awkward for him. I decided to speak.

"Hello," I said, greeting him with a smile and wave. "My name is Conan."

"Where is the old fucker?"

I blinked. The books I've read told me that if one introduced themselves, normally their interlocutor would reply in the same manner. I believe that is what they called etiquette. My notes have never prepared me for an answer like his. So I tried again.

"Hello, my name is Conan."

"That's absolutely great. Now, where is Greg?"

"I don't know. Where is he?"

I wasn't trying to make a joke, I genuinely didn't know where Greg went. The tall boy must have thought that I was mocking him, and narrowed his eyes into slits until he noticed my half-dried hair.

"You took a shower?"

I patted my head. "Yes."

"Hot water runs in your place?" he asked, anger returning to his charcoal eyes. Before I could answer, he walked past me and headed to the bathroom.

I wanted to stop him, but then I remembered that he had a strong chest and rigid arms. I was built like a bean sprout; even the wind could knock me down. Perhaps it was best if I avoided engaging in a physical conflict with this boy. I could hear him turning the shower faucet which was followed by a yelp and a string of curse words. Seconds later, he stormed out with wet hands.

"You lied to me. The water is cold."

"I never said it wasn't," I frowned.

"You said you took a shower."

"A cold shower," I said.

"You took a cold shower? What's wrong with you?"

"A lot of things, I think. But the doctors say I'm getting better."

He paused, looked at me from head to toe, and scrunched his brows as if he had just realized something crucial.

"Who are you again?"

"My name is Conan. I just moved in. What's your name?"

"Wait, Gloria moved out?"

"That's a very unique name!"

He looked like he wanted to punch me.

"So you have the keys to this place and everything?"

I nodded.