helping out

caregiver: hajime Hinata
regressor/little: nagito komaeda

WARNING: this story will contain a little bit of angst, but a cute and happy ending!

hajime had walked into his shared home with his loving boyfriend, nagito. As he put his work back and things away he noticed his boyfriend was making dinner for the both of them, with a blank face. He looked a bit sad so hajime walked over to him, making sure not to make any noise and hugged hin tightly from behind. "Hey sugar!" He said happily as he looked at what nagito was making. Nagito got shocked a bit and turned around as he looked at his boyfriend. "Oh...you scared me, da- hinata. Im just making some simple mac and cheese..." he said as he went back to twirling the spoon in the mac and cheese. Hinata looked puzzled as he grabs his lovers face and made him look at him. "Hunny...mac and cheese is what i make for you when you're regressed." He said in his soft caregiver voice, holding the boys face in his hands. "Mmm..no..no.." nagito said as he dropped the spoon on the counter and fell against the wall, holding his knees close to his chest. "f*vk!! I'm sorry.. I'm sorry hinata..I'm sorry.." he said as he cried into his knees. Hinata was shocked and quickly went down to comfort his lover. "What are you sorry for, puppy?" He said soothingly as he helped the boy calm down and wiped his tears away. "I didnt mean to make the mac and cheese...  i should of made a better dinner, i wasn't thinking straight..i ruined dinner im sorry.." he said as he wiped his tears away which quickly got replaced with new ones. Hinata could tell the dinner wasn't the only thing bothering nagito. He picked him up and held him against his chest gently which caught nagito off guard. "Pupp-" he got cut off. "No!! Please, no..! I cant regress right now...i has..work, so mm..much work and..and..mm.." he cried harder and hinata sat down on the couch holding the half-regressed boy in his lap. "That's it baby. Let it all out. Tell me what's bothering you and I'll help you regress okay baby?" He said as he cooed at the shaking boy. Nagito finally gave in and sat up, now sitting next to hinata. "Im jus' so...stressed out..becu' of schoo'.." (they're in college in this AU) he said quietly, and hinata pulled him right back into his lap. "Oh puppy..how about i help you be little, hm? I can see you're trying not to regress right now but I can hear it in your voice and you NEED it." He said as nagito looked up at him. "No.. no...dun wan bother you.." he looked away and started playing with his hoodie strings. Hinata looked shocked at the statement. "I love taking care of you puppy! Let daddy help, okay?" He kissed the littles head. Nagito nodded and hopped off of hinata's lap and off the couch. Hinata grabbed the boys hand and lead him to their backyard. The swing set was there. "How about daddy pushes you on the swings for a little bit?" Nagito nodded and sat down on one of the swings seats, holding onto it. Hajime got behind him and started pushing him up and down. Nagito's face began to change as he began to be happier and happier with every push until he was eventually telling his daddy to go faster. "Faster dada!! Faster!! Heheh!!" He giggled as hinata pushed him 5 more times before stopping the swing and tickle-attacking his little. They both fell to the ground giggling loudly as nagito got tickled and kept playfully pushing his daddy away. "There's my happy prince! Come on puppy let's go inside now. I'll finish up the mac and cheese and we can eat it while we color together."nagito nodded enthusiastically and grabbed his lovers hand, as they walked inside. Nagito got to eat his mac and cheese off his favorite green plate with frogs on it! And his froggy utensils! He couldn't be happier then he was right now. Hajime sat down next to his little as they ate, beginning to color a picture together in nagito's favorite frog-themed coloring book.

word count: 719!