Is It Too Late?

Lia's Pov:

"I am going home, aunty", I told them.

"But why? You have assignments to complete. You would anyways get you semester holidays in a week, why do you want to go so soon?", Sam asked me.

"I miss mom and dad. I have finished my part of the assignment. I will mail it to Sakshi and she would submit it for me"

"But..", Sam started to argue.

"I have to go Sam. Please don't try to convince me", I said.

I can't bear to watch you being with her, Sam. Please understand.

"Okay, you were so upset for the last few days. If you go home, you may feel better. I will ask uncle to book your tickets", aunty said as she patted my head.

"No, mom. I will do it", Sam told aunty.

She gave Sam a dirty look and left to the kitchen.

"Is everything okay with you and aunty?", I asked him.

"Are you serious? You look devastated and you still care about me?", Sam asked me surprised.

After all, I have no other task other than to care for him.

"Anyways, tell me what's troubling you?", Sam followed me into my room.

"No, I am not troubled. I just miss mom", I said avoiding eye contact.

"Lia, talk to me. I promise you, whatever the problem is, I am here for you. Why don't you trust me?" He looked at me worried.

"Sam, who told you that I didn't trust you?"

Of course, I trust him. He would go beyond limits to make me happy. But now, he can't do anything to heal me. He loves her and by the end of today, he would be her boyfriend. Neither I nor he can do anything about it.

"Then why can't you share your problems with me? I have told you so many times not to keep secrets between us but you never listen to me. You trust everyone else other than me", he said agitated this time.

 You trust everyone else other than me", he said agitated this time

"Why are you so angry at me?", I asked him confused.

"How can I not get angry? You are so impossible and stubborn. Can't you see me begging you to tell me what's the problem is? I get it; you don't want to share your problems or secrets with me. You don't trust me and you don't treat me like your friend or family. I am just a third person", he said and hit his fist on the nearby table. I jumped for a second. His face turned red in anger.

I was in the verge of bursting out my anger. How could he think like that? He is the only person I can blindly trust. I trust him so much that I have even fallen for him. He is right; I don't consider him as my friend, he's more than that. He is my first love; he is the only person I think about each and every second. He is the only reason I am surviving this horrible life. His smile is more than enough for me to live my life.