Will You Be My Everything?

Sam's Pov:

Next morning, we sat to eat our breakfast. Lia was acting a little weird. She looked upset.

"What happened Lia? You look sad", I asked her. She looked up from her plate for a while and said, "Do I?"

"Yes, you do", I said.

"I miss mom", she said.

"Oh", I didn't expect that. Last night, I thought almost every possibility for her bad mood but how did I miss this.

"I think I should go home someday"

Oh, no. If she leaves I wouldn't be able to see her for a few days. I don't think I could manage it. I should think of a better idea to go along with her.

"How is things going on between you and Nandhini?", Lia asked me, interrupting my thoughts. She had curious eyes to listen to what I would say. Suddenly I remembered the small talk I should make with her but she looked so down today so I thought of talking to her once she is normal.

"Mmm... I don't know. It was happy seeing her finally. She is good", I said not knowing what to say. I never really gave time to think about that.

"Okay", she said and became silent again. She looked so broken. I haven't seen this silent and lost. This silence doesn't suit her.

We reached the college. She was silent the whole time. She just walked to her class with a fake smile waving me bye. I couldn't see her like this. I had to do something.

My phone rang with numerous notifications. I reached for my phone wondering who would send me so many messages. It was from Nandhini. She had been messaging me since last night which I totally ignored thinking of Lia. I messaged her back which she saw and replied within seconds. I wanted to cut her off but I couldn't do that. It seemed so rude to cut her off. After all, we both wanted this to happen once upon a time.

As I walked to my class, I realized that I was going to be the hot topic for gossip of girls. It's all because of my performance last night. So many girls approached to talk to me. I just ignored them as much as possible. I knew I would be on spotlight only for a few days until everyone stops talking about teacher's day performance.

Though I managed to win so much hearts in my college, I was still saddened that I couldn't win Lia's heart completely. She still thinks I am in love with Nandhini. I had to do something.

 I had to do something

Lia's Pov:

I forced myself into the class. I was in no mood to go to college but if I stay in the home, I couldn't see Sam, I couldn't spend the few moments with him which I would cherish forever. I never know when he would completely go away from me. I wanted to spend every minute left with him.

I tried hard to cheer myself up. I don't want to upset my friends too. Mithra and Sakshi welcomed me warmly.

"How are you today? Still thinking about something?", Mithra asked me as I sat on my seat.