Uniting The Family

Lia's Pov:

It was 11.00 A.M. on Sunday. I woke up late in the morning. Yesterday's fun exhausted me. I freshened up and went out, hoping to find something to eat. As I didn't eat last night, my stomach growled for food. I found aunt sitting all alone on the couch doing nothing. She looked worried and sad.

"Good morning, aunty", I told her, interrupting her task of doing nothing.

"Is this the time to wake up? I tried to wake you up for several times, but you didn't move even a bit", she complained.

"Sorry, aunty. I had a long day last night"

"Did you enjoy?", she asked me as she took out the plate and served me my breakfast, which she had saved for me.

"Best day ever. Where's Sam? Did he have his breakfast?", I asked her as I couldn't see him anywhere around.

"He woke up and had breakfast. He tried to wake you up as he was bored, but you didn't seem to wake up, so he returned back to sleep", she said disappointedly.

"Oh, second shift! Very good", I laughed. She laughed along.

"Are you worried about something?", I asked her. She looked at me, shocked.

"No, I am not worried. I was just bored", she said with a sad smile. "But, I am used to it. After you came home, I got someone to talk with", she added.

Her words worried me. She was always alone either in the kitchen or else sitting idle waiting for uncle to return from office. Uncle was barely in home; he always returned late from the office and left early. The maid Dhanam would sometime accompany her. Most of the time I would be with her, except a few times I lockup myself in my room to sleep or to watch f.r.i.e.n.d.s. I have never seen Sam spending time with her. Now, I could understand her sorrow. I had to talk to Sam about this.

"Let me tell you what happened yesterday", I said. She seemed visibly happy to hear that.

"Well, we went to the pet shop...", A call on my phone interrupted me. It was my mom. I attended the call.

"Good morning Mom", I said with my mouth stuffed with idly.

"Did you just wake up?", she sounded angry.

"Yeah ma", I said with my mouth full.

"Is this the time to wake up? Be responsible....", she started to dump me with her lessons. I could not take her lessons.

"Mom is asking for you", I told aunt and handed over the phone.

"I just spoke to her. Are you trying to escape from her yelling?" she caught me.

"Please....", I pleaded with a puppy face. She accepted to take the call.

"Steffy, Isa here", she said and left with my phone to the balcony for better audibility. By the time I ate my breakfast and went to Sam's room to have a brief talk with him.

The room wasn't locked, so I went inside. Sam was lying in his bed crossly. He slept on his stomach like a baby. I suppressed my laugh and clicked as many pictures as I could. I could use it later for trolling him. I took one pillow and threw at him to wake him up. He sprang upon his bed. He looked so sleepy to realise what just happened. I felt sorry for waking him up. But I had to talk to him right now and resolve the problem with Aunt.

 But I had to talk to him right now and resolve the problem with Aunt