Stay Away From Her

Sam's Pov:

I could finally get her to sleep. I had made sure that she wasn't thinking about anything else when she was around me. I called Santhosh as he called me a few times when I was with her.

"Hi da", I said.

"Hii, did you talk to Lia", he asked me.

"Yeah, I wasn't aware of what happened to her. I feel bad for hurting her", I said.

"Yeah, I know", he said.

"You know??"

"Yeah, Sakshi told me". Even if I try hard to bury the thought of them getting together, their behaviour is reminding me of it.

"I see. You guys seem really close", I asked him.

"Sort of. We talk every day over the phone. I don't know, I feel so relaxed and happy to talk to her", he said with pure bliss.

"Woah!! For the first time, you don't deny the truth". I said and laughed at him. He laughed shyly.

"Dude, I need Harshad's number", I told him.

"I knew you would ask. He needs to be taught some manners"

"Let's teach him then", I said.

"I will text you his number", he said and hung the call. Santhosh had so many friends in the college. He could easily track down anyone's number.

A few minutes later, he texted the number and called me. I accept the call and dialled Harshad's number. He answered it and I merged the call.

 He answered it and I merged the call

"Who's this?", he asked.

"Sam", I said.

"Santhosh", Santhosh said.

"Oh, have you called to thank me? If so make it fast, I had to run", he said arrogantly. I wanted to kick the hell out of him.

"Why the hell should we thank you?", Santhosh snapped.

"Why do you poke your nose in everything you aren't a part of? No one invited you today", I retorted.

"I came for Lia. She needs me", he said. I clenched my fingers and took a deep breath to control my anger.

"I don't think so. I doubt she recognised your presence. And of course, you didn't seem to be worried about her disappearance"

"You have no rights to say that. After all, you don't want to talk to her. You yelled at her even when she is crying for you to talk", he said.

"That is because I care about her and I have all the rights on her unlike you", I said.

He didn't respond. He must have learnt his lesson.