🌙7| Gists

💎

Bumping into someone, my books fell on the floor scattering in front of me  I gritted my teeth watching them scatter. A few documents in between the books also escaped and spread over the tiled surface.  Running my hands through my hair over the mess, I looked up burning with devastation.

"No. Can't believe I have to arrange this project again!" But my eyes began to waver looking into those familiar eyes again. As I lowered my hand to pick my books up, he quickly got down to help me settle them. I pursed my lips and hurriedly gathered all the documents in one book.

"Sorry," he apologized picking up the last book lying beside him for me. I reacted faster by picking them up first. But unfortunately our heads collided when I tried to do that.

"I'm sorry. I was in a hurry so I didn't see you." He nodded while I maintained my posture after standing up. Pushing the books into my back, he extended his hand to hand over the last book. I sighed and dropped it into my bag after receiving it.

"I'm Clara and you're?" I introduced  keeping a distance from him. My hands were still in my bag as I was making sure I didn't leave anything out. He remained quiet for a while before he turned to me. In a hurry, I zipped the bag and looked up to him anxiously.

"Adrian. Sorry for the inconvenience though," he stated with an apologetic look. I nodded and looked around to make sure all the documents were taken. "Nevermind. But you look familiar."

Just after I said this, his face changed drastically. It was almost as if I had hit his danger point. Hesitantly, he stepped back and was about to leave when I held his hand. "Wait. We sit adjacent right? You know me back a year ago?" I asked curiously.

He looked around nervously and started moving back. "I don't know what you're talking about," he lied. Looking at him, I was sure he was the guy I saw in the hallway on that day a year ago. But why was he denying to have seen me?

I furrowed my eyebrows excruciatingly when I realized he was wearing all black today too. Glaring at him from top to bottom, I let out a heavy sigh.

"You're lying. Are you afraid of me or something?" I demanded before letting go of his hands angrily. He remained quiet and paced around for an escape route.

Shaking his head, he turned around and looked away in a hurry. "I have to go," he pondered and started running off quickly in a flash before I could ask him.

Dropping my raised hand, I took in a deep breath. "He sure is hiding something."

Deliberately running my thoughts, I sighed and walked back angrily to class. I couldn't leave like I had wanted to a few minutes ago. His attitude was very fishy. I don't think I can leave class without finding out why.

Bashing the door open, everyone turned to me surprised. The teacher was already in too. In order to avoid the embarrassment of coming in late, I bowed my head to greet the teacher and exposed a big smile on my face.

"This is the last time I'll tolerate lateness. That goes to all of you." Turning their gaze from me to him, they recite affirmative replies to him while I walked along the path to get to my seat.  As I passed by Nathan's seat, he looked away and started unpacking his bag. 

Lowering my eyes, I stepped forward and dumped my body on the chair. "Gosh. I thought you were cutting class," Jess commented after covering her lips. I sighed and glared at Kate and Tricia who had the same expression on their faces.

  As I turned to Adrian, his eyes moved away from my gaze. I rolled my tongue and turned to Tricia.

"Changed my mind. But you're still copying the notes for me." Tricia's eyes widened with my statement. Shaking her head, I grabbed her shoulder and whispered, "I'll buy your favorite wine. I promise!" Hearing my bargain, she nodded and turned to the teacher.