🌙21|Prophecy

Rushing to me, he swiftly grabbed my neck and squeezed it as my throat began to feel dry and choked. When I tried to pull his hand from my neck, he grasped on tightly, twisting his fingers.

"M-Max," I screamed with the little air I could breath in. Holding his hand, I started to feel out of breath as each minute passed. As I met his gaze, my eyes flickered in fear. The hungry glare in his eyes made my heart sink gradually.

While trying to grasp on to the air in my lungs, I hit his shoulder to bring him back to his senses. But the more I did, the more he squeezed my neck harder. After coughing repeatedly, my eyes closed in hesitation with my hands beside me.

A sudden rush of energy burst within my body when my hands fell beside me. Unconsciously, my eyes remained firmly closed. A sudden chill forced my eyes open, but I could feel a difference as a weird energy slammed in me, running through my eyes.

Staring possessively at him, my eyes sparked with fire. Within that same time phase, my hair stood upright floating in the air as my left hand moved up, pushing him back with a strong palm technique. I didn't have control over my body anymore. It rather felt as though someone took over my body.

 When I pushed him against his chest, he stumbled back and fell against the wall. This caused a complete blast in the room which threw both of us on to the floor in thuds.

 Everything scattered in the room. The flower vases standing by the window seals fell off and crashed on the floor, breaking apart. Delivering a loud noise, the chairs fell down together with the glass frames hanging over the wall. The cottage shook abruptly just like during an earthquake, before settling at once when my eyes dimmed down.

Everywhere was blurry and messed up due to my sudden reaction. Feeling myself again, my hands fell by me as I felt the rush of energy burst flowing out of my body. As I stood on the floor unconsciously looking around, my eyes lowered.

  I struggled to stand still properly, my body swayed back for a moment before settling still. On the other hand, Max threw his gaze around regaining his consciousness. Looking at the mess in the room, he looked up surprised and disturbed.

What just happened to me? Why couldn't I control my body a few minutes back? Did I cause the complete mess here?

  As my eyes wavered glaring around the messed up room, my feet stumbled back unsettled due to the shock. I moved my hands up slowly towards my face to feel something. But it was different this time. I couldn't feel the energy outburst within me anymore.

My body still felt slightly weak so I tried to balance my stand while breathing heavily. Feeling a bit dizzy, my hands moved up to massage my forehead while my other hand clinged to a fallen table beside me. With this blurry vision, I couldn't find my way around. I stood still trying to open my eyes wide enough to see clearly. But when my eyes fell on a stretched hand directed to me, I looked up quickly.

 As I raised my splitting head to figure out its owner, I found a figure standing beside me. It turned out two and triple for several minutes before I could see clearly. After opening my eyes wide, I saw him vividly standing by me. He looked different from before without the features that scared the wits out of me a few minutes back.

While thinking about the situation, I realized everything. It was clear to me  now. His ability to save me from a vampire, living isolated and his refusal to tell me who he was, all linked now. I was in love with a vampire who felt insecure to tell me the truth.

As I closed my eyes to tear my gaze from him, I tried to walk out. But the moment I attempted, my feet twisted around each other and almost made me fall. But I quickly grasp on to a chair around to avoid falling. I ignored his presence when he tried to talk.