🌙24|Frustrations

Scattering everything from the table on to the floor, the books and flower vases fell all over the place. "You're Adrian too? You were using me all this while!" I screamed, scattering the leftovers from the table to the floor. Crashing sounds followed after the vases fell and broke inti several pieces. Turning to him angrily, he run his fingers in his hair.

"I can explain that too," he muttered trying to get closer. With a short laugh, I nodded and traced his eyes.

"Tell me then! Why did you disguise yourself all this while? Do you know how guilty I felt about it. But you?" I complained. For a moment, u could hold myself from standing still. I  moved back when he took a step forward to me.

"I didn't change my name. Adrian's also my name. I had to do it. Let me explain first," he assured in cogitation. Laughing, I threw my eyes around in hesitation before turning to him again.

"You still lied. Not only about being in the same school with me, but about being a vampire too. You lied about everything!" I laughed turning to a disguise mask on the table.

Looking at the curves and edges, I understood pretty clear how he was able to pull this through without anyone suspecting. "Yes. I admit that. But I can explain everything. I wanted to tell you, but I found out something," he pleaded.

"You're going to bring up more lies right? I can't believe I trusted you too! Don't come near me. I've seen enough. Thanks for making a fool out of me. I'll take it as we're even," I said. Forcing a smile, I slammed the door and raced towards the woods' exit. As tears run down my face, I wiped it with my arm and kept on walking away.

"Clara wait!" he yelled chasing after me. I took to my heels while turning back in tears. My feet refused to move any further after hearing his callings. After lowering my head to cover my teary face, I wondered why was my life full of secrets, lies and deceit. Everything crumbled down before immediately mom died. Nothing was the same anymore.

Could I even trust anyone in my life?I was all alone coping with my own problems and had no one to share with. The only one I believed in was throwing dust in my eyes.

Running along the empty woods, my phone beeped in my bag. Wiping my tears, I took it out from my bag and unlocked the screen to pick the call. "Clara? Can we meet?" Turning back, I saw Max standing behind me. He stopped walking when he saw me picking a call.

  "Alright. Where?" Sighing, Janessa replied right after. "I'll text you the location. Be careful on your way." I nodded and cut the call. "Can we talk?" I stared back at him rolling my tongue. "I don't want to. I have somewhere to go."

  Without much of a choice, he swallowed a gulp and sighed. "Alright. What about at school tomorrow?" Twisting my head slightly, I took in a deep breath. "I don't care. Do whatever you want!" After dropping my phone in my bag, I looked up into the sky for one last time before walking out of the woods.

  It took about an hour to catch a taxi to wherever we had to meet. Exposing the message to the driver, he nodded and sparked the engine ready to leave. I sighed and dropped myself at the front seat looking out as he drove. The street lights were all turned on and lined up across the streets. When I spotted a little girl clinging to a young woman's hand, my eyes stared to tear up.

  "Mom! I want that ice cream. Please!" she repeatedly said shaking her mother's hand up from where she stood. With a smile, her mother nodded and walked with her to the ice cream vendor.

I don't remember the last time mom ever gave in to my childish demands. I wonder how this felt like. After moving my head away from the window, I closed my eyes and put ear piece in my ears. As the driver drove, I opened my eyes and saw a familiar car driving behind us.