Chapter 4

Y/N bundles Junior in some blankets so he'll go to sleep.

"Why do you do that?" Diego asks.

Y/N answers, "A couple of reasons. The biggest reason is so he'll be warm. The other one is because I usually end up with my blankets used for keeping me warm on the other side of my bed because I kick in my sleep sometimes. Who knows if he'll do it too?"

Diego shrugs and lies down to sleep. Manny picks up the baby and wraps him in his trunk. Y/N smiles and wraps herself up in the leftover blankets.

"Oh, the triumphant return." Manny frowns.

Y/N looks up to see Sid. She giggles.

"How about a good nights kiss for your big buddy Sid?" Sid asks.

"Shh! He's asleep!" Manny frowns as Y/N stares in deadpan.

Sid frowns, "I was talking to you."

Y/N whispers, "Sorry. Don't think you're Manny's type. You aren't mine either, Sloth."

Sid frowns, "Fine. I'll tuck myself in."

He then tries to sleep on a rock. Making lots of noise. Y/N growls as the noise gets louder.

"Will you stop it!?" Manny whisper-yells.

"Cut it out before I rip your tonsils out through your nose!" Y/N threatens, her voice slightly deeper, scaring the crap out of Sid.

Sid stops and frowns, "Alright, alright. Just trying to relax."

Y/N groans as she tucks her head underneath the covers.

"You know what Diego's going to do, right?" E/N asks.

Y/N nods.

"And you're not gonna do anything about it?" E/N asks.

Y/N mentally replies,  "Nothing to do. He'll come around. Now go to sleep, E/N."

Y/N yawns and falls asleep, feeling safe and secure.

***

Diego opens his green eyes and walks over Junior in Manny's trunk. He goes to take the baby when Sid makes a noise, startling Diego. Diego goes to grab Junior only for him to move slightly, causing Diego to stop, and Manny tightens his grip around Junior. Suddenly, he hears something in the tall grass. He jumps towards the creature raising his claw to strike only to stop and see one of his pack.

"What the?" He whispers.

"Go ahead, slice me! It'll be the last thing you ever do!" The tiger growls.

Diego growls, "I'm working here, you waste of fur."

"Frustrated Diego?" Another Saber asks. "Tracking down helpless infants too difficult for you?"

Diego gets off the other Saber and asks, "What are you two doing here?"

"Soto's getting tired of waiting."

The slightly insane one replies, "Yeah yeah, he said, "Come back with the baby, or don't come back at all!" Hahaha!"

Diego deadpans at the insane Saber and frowns, "Well I have a message for Soto. Tell him I'm bringing the baby. And tell him, I'm bringing... a mammoth."

"A mammoth?"

"Mammoths never travel alone."

Diego replies, "Well this one does. And I'm leading him to half peak."