Chapter 7

The three mammals drudge through the snow to Glacier Pass. Y/N carves some wood into figures of her friends and herself. A mammoth, sloth, tiger, a few humans, and a baby. Manny sees the humans nearby and picks her up, placing her on his back with Junior, lying her down.

"Please don't be dramatic, Manny." She whispers to him.

He walks up to the human, lifting his trunk to pick up the baby, only for the human to hold up a spear.

"Can we call the human dude "Percy The Person"? Or "Henry The Human"? Please!" E/N asks.

Y/N nods, agreeing slightly as Manny takes the spear away from Henry the Human and throws it behind him. Y/N frowns, waiting when she hears the shouts of other humans.

"Oh, for Pete's sake!" Y/N exclaims and sits up, letting Henry see her.

She picks up Junior and holds him above her and Manny's head like Simba from the Lion King. Henry turns around and stops the other humans from attacking Manny. She hears Sid collapsing and turns to see him passed out on the ground. She laughs slightly as the human look at them with curious looks. Y/N jumps down from Manny's back and gives him a smug look as she puts down Junior. Junior walks towards his father slowly, then gets picked up by his father. Y/N smiles.

"That's cute but disgusting at the same time." Y/N jokes.

Manny and Sid exchange glances and Y/N turns around. She walks with them, only for Manny to frown at her.

"What? We're a herd, aren't we?" Y/N smiles.

Junior coos, getting the boys and Y/N's attention. He reaches out to Manny and Sid, smiling. Y/N rolls her eyes. Henry looks at Y/N, a look Y/N can't identify written on his face as he puts down Junior. Junior walks towards Sid, causing Sid to pick him up and hug him.

"Don't forget about us, Okay?" Sid asks.

Manny picks him up with his trunk and smiles, "We won't forget about you."

Y/N smirks, "How could we? Just think about that crazy ice slide!"

Manny and Junior hug so close. Y/N smiles as Junior looks towards her. Manny hands him to her. Y/N smiles as she hugs him.

"Don't you dare do something stupid, kid. I want you to do something amazing." Y/N smirks.

She hands him to Henry, only for the humans to gesture to her to join them. She turns to Manny to see him gesturing to join them too. She realises what he's trying to tell her.

E/N whispers, "He's telling you to join the humans. Look at that. He doesn't want you. Probably never wanted-"

Y/N shuts her up quickly, as she knew this was gonna happen. Y/N frowns, pulling the figures she made out of her bag. She puts them down on the snow, gesturing to the mammoth figure, then pointing to Manny, then with Sid, herself, and Junior. She puts the mammoth, sloth, and tiger on one side of her while putting the humans on the other side, the figure of herself in the middle. She draws a circle around the human figures, then around the herd figures. She picks up her figure, looking between the two, then puts hers with the mammals.

"Family." She says, hoping everyone understands.

Henry nods, understanding well. She picks up the figures and passes them to Henry and Junior, and stands next to Manny, who's giving her a confused face. Henry picks up a necklace that was meant for his son and places it on Manny's tusks. The humans then walk away, with Junior waving back to them.

"Goodbye! Bye! Bye!" Sid cries, repeating the words many times.

"Sid..." Manny frowns.

Y/N sighs, "Let him get it out of his system."

Suddenly, Junior does the "Where's the baby" thing Diego taught him. Y/N's eyes widen as she turns, smirking.

"That's right! Where's the baby?" Sid exclaims.

Manny frowns, "Come on Sid, let's head south."

As Manny turns, he looks up and stops, seeing Diego. Y/N smirks, trying so hard not to laugh as Sid continues ugly crying as the baby does one more "Where's the baby", getting Diego to do it too.

"Goodbye!" Sid cries again.

Diego smirks, "Save your breath, Sid. You know humans can't talk."

Y/N makes an offended gasp, "What am I? Chopped liver?! I can talk just fine, thank you very much!"

Sid gasps and turns to Diego, "Diego?! You're okay!"

Diego smirks, "Nine lives, baby!"

Sid tackles Diego in such a way he ends up in a chokehold, but Sid doesn't realise he's choking Diego as he gives him a noogie.

"Sid, give the cat some breathing room, he just came back from the dead." Y/N smirks.

Sid then let's go and, in his excitement, punches Diego, causing him to yelp in pain.

"I could kiss you!" Sid exclaims, then proceeds to do so, repeatedly.

When he realises what he just did, he spits, disgusted.

Manny smiles, "Welcome back from the dead, Partner. Wanna lift?"

"No thanks. I gotta save whatever dignity I have left." Diego answers.

Y/N nudges Diego, smirking, "Dignity? Never heard of it."

Sid smirks, "Dignity has nothing to do with it! But I'll take that lift!"

"Sure, climb aboard." Manny frowns, letting Sid climb onto his back.

Sid exclaims, "Yeah! Mush!" When he realises Manny hasn't moved, he shrugs, "Or, not mush? Either way."

The herd starts walking away from Glaciar Pass, towards the sunset.

Diego asks, "So, kid, why didn't you go with the humans? They're your own species."

Y/N scoffs, "My own species left me for dead more than once, Diego. You guys have saved my butt a couple of times. I've grown attached to you. You're more of a family than mine ever was."

Sid smiles, "This is gonna be the best migration ever! I'm telling ya, I'll show you all my favourite watering holes! You know this whole Ice Age thing is getting old. You know what I could go for? Global Warming!"

Manny smirks, "Right."

"Keep dreaming." Diego scoffs.

Y/N shrugs, "Not in our lifetime. In a few hundred years maybe."

The end.

A/N: How'd you guys like it? When this gets enough attention, or when someone asks for a sequel, I will make a sequel. It may take a few years, it may take just a few months. Or if we're really lucky, a few weeks.