Chapter 5

Y/N walks next to Manny and sighs when Diego catches their attention.

"Hey! Great news! I found a shortcut!" Diego smiles.

Y/N blinks then grabs Junior away from Manny before Junior hurts either Manny or himself.

"What do you mean shortcut?" Manny asks.

Diego replies, "I mean faster than the long way around."

Junior then pulls on Y/N's hair, making her yelp in pain.

"Ow! We all know what a shortcut is! That's not what he meant! Ow! You pull my hair once more and I'll be pulling yours!" Y/N threatens Junior.

Diego explains, "Look, either we slip through there and beat the humans to Glacier Pass or take the long way and miss 'em."

Y/N looks over and smiles, "Sure. I was planning on dying soon anyway. Might as well take the dangerous shortcut. OW!"

Junior pulls at Y/N's nose with such a grip it actually hurts.

Manny asks, "Through there? What do you take me for?"

Diego smirks, "By this time tomorrow, you could be a free mammoth. Or a nanny. Personally, I never get tired of peek-a-boo."

"I'm pretty sure we're alternating the nanny job." Y/N scoffs as she tries to remove Junior from her face. "Ugh, this is worse than Ruth. How does this kid have the grip of a python?"

Sid comes up with two pieces of ice and smiles, "Hey guys, check this out!"

He fakes being impaled, making Y/N smirk slightly.

"Sid, the tiger found a shortcut." Manny inputs.

Sid looks at the shortcut, suddenly terrified.

"No thanks. I choose life." Sid frowns as he drops the ice and walks away, only to be stopped by Diego.

Diego growls, "Then I suggest you take the shortcut."

"Are you threatening me?" Sid asks.

"MOVE, SLOTH!" Diego yells.

Suddenly, the ice starts moving, starting to collapse, creating an avalanche.

"Move your butts or lose 'em!" Y/N exclaims, running to the entrance.

The others follow suit. Y/N trips as she gets inside, getting a cut on her arm. Manny picks her and Junior up quite quickly and continues moving. They stop, only to look above and see sharp icicles above them shaking. The mammals turn back to the entrance to see it blocked. The shaking stops, making Y/N let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay. I vote shortcut." Manny deadpans.

***

The herd walks through the cave in mostly silence.

Diego orders, "Come on guys. Stay together. It's easy to get lost in here."

Y/N nods in agreement, staying atop of Manny. Although she gets a feeling she's forgotten something. She looks around only to see Sid's missing.

"Sloth's missing." Y/N announces.

The group give a unanimous groan as they continue walking.

"He'll find us." Manny frowns.

Y/N notices a pattering and looks back to see Sid. She shrugs and looks to her left to see a spaceship in the ice.

"I wanna get in that thing and I'll be able to rule the world!" E/N smirks.