Chapter 6

Another blizzard appears. Y/N is holding Junior close to her so he doesn't freeze while she's on Manny's back. She leans forward, keeping her hood up as best as she can.

"This storm isn't letting up!" Y/N yells over the wind.

She shivers, and Manny notices.

"Guys! We gotta get these kids out of the wind! How much further?" Manny yells.

Diego replies, "Three miles!"

The group stops near a slanted rock and they all sigh.

"We'll get there in the morning." Manny frowns.

Y/N shivers slightly. She jumps off Manny and searches through her backpack as Sid starts drawing a sloth on the wall. She pulls out a battery and some steel wool.

"What are you doing?" Diego asks.

Sid answers, "I'm putting Sloths on the map."

Y/N rolls her eyes and finds some old wood and hair in her backpack. It's times like this she's glad she doesn't clean her bag out. She knows from experience, hair is very flammable.

"Hey, why don't you make it realistic and draw him lying down?" Manny asks.

Diego smirks, "And make him rounder."

Y/N chuckles as she places the steel wool on top of the wood and hair from her backpack. She looks up to see Manny's taken the rock off Sid and is drawing a circle on the sloth. She chuckles.

"Hehe. I forgot how to laugh." Sid deadpans.

He tries to erase the circle, but in doing so, made a few sparks, landing on some wood next to Sid. Y/N tilts her head, wondering how she missed that small spot of wood.

"I'm a genius!" Sid exclaims as he kisses the rock.

Y/N rolls her eyes and smirks. Wait till the fire goes out. It'll be her turn to shine.

***

As Sid's fire burns, fueled with wood, Sid brags.

"From now own, you'll have to refer to me as Sid, Lord of the Flames." Sid smirks.

Y/N deadpans, "Flamelord, your tail's caught fire."

Sid looks at his tail and panics. He runs around the fire a few times, causing Junior to laugh. Y/N picks up some snow and throws it at Sid's tail, hitting it. Some of the snow lands on the fire, putting it out mostly.

"Oh come on!" Manny frowns.

Y/N picks the steel wool up from next to her and places it on the fire, slightly annoyed.

Y/N smirks, "Watch this."

The mammals turn to the female as she places the steel wool on top of her wood and then taps it with her battery a couple of times, causing it to burst in flames in each spot she tapped it.

(Idea based on this:)

"Who's the genius now?" Y/N smirks.

"Hey, guys. Look at this." Manny says.

Y/N and the others turn to Manny to see the kid walking.

"Good on ya, kid." Y/N smiles.

Sid whispers, "I don't believe it."

Junior coos and the older mammals exchange glances. Y/N lies down on the ground and smirks, just knowing what will happen next.