6. Fifty shades of flames

Fifty shades of flames
_____________________
In which nature becomes
too hot to handle
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

   If a month ago, someone had warned you about running for your life in the near future, you would have taken your time to get in better shape

If a month ago, someone had warned you about running for your life in the near future, you would have taken your time to get in better shape. But unfortunately, you weren't so lucky to get such warning, so everything you did while running at full speed away from Dream, was regretting that you hadn't spent any time, in the last many years of running some more. And because of this, it was only natural that you were currently completely out of breath.

You and Tommy didn't stop before you were safely within the walls of L'manburg. It was still night, but it was as if all of your senses automatically sharpened whenever you got scared, so you were able to see the angry Wilbur, standing cross-armed in front of you, very clearly.

The first thing you did, when finally standing still, was gasping for air. Regretting all of your life decisions, and drowning in shame to Wilbur's stare came a close second.

He was standing tall in the darkness, his eyes shining with anger. He had his arms crossed, and brows furrowed aggressively together. You could hear Tommy mumbling curse-words under his breath, at the sight.

"Just where have you two been?" His deep voice seethed with anger. His eyes were mainly focused on Tommy, but his gaze shifted to you every once in a while.

There was no point in lying. Dream had seen you, and it was only a matter of time before he found out you've stolen from him. Tommy seemed to know this as well.

"We uh, we snuck into Dream territory," Tommy said slowly, not daring to look Wilbur in the eyes.

"That much I figured out." Wilbur fumed. "What were you doing there?"

"Uh, we- you see, uh." Tommy wasn't sure of what to say and how to say it, so you decided to step in.

"We stole the potions back." You spoke. The nature around you was completely silent - like it was holding its breath along with you. Practically the only thing you could hear was your own heavy breathing. "We even got some diamonds and netherite as well. But uh... On our way back, we ran right into Dream and his friends."

Tommy suddenly burst out with laughter. "Nina the Nether lady-" then Wilbur sent him a furious look, and he shut his mouth, mumbling a 'sorry'.

"You did what!?" Wilbur almost shouted. He began checking you for any kinds of wounds.

"They only saw me." You assured him. "Well, at first. I tried convincing them that I was a stranger, but Dream knew I was lying. That's when Tommy threw a potion at them, and we ran away."

Wilbur made some very wild hand-movements. In the dark, it almost looked like he was dancing. "You threw a potion at the enemy!? You realize what you've done!? You've made the whole situation worse!"