28. The 'W' in 'war' stands for 'Wilbur, NO!'

The 'W' in 'war' stands for 'Wilbur, NO!'
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which Tommy and Wilbur share one
  single braincell, throughout this whole chapter
__________________________________

The 'W' in 'war' stands for 'Wilbur, NO!'*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*In which Tommy and Wilbur share one  single braincell, throughout this whole chapter__________________________________

-corekuns on twitter

Tommy was confused, to say the least. His face was just as red as the sleeves on his shirt, due to how hard his mind was working. Despite the countless times, he looked at you and Techno on repeat, he just couldn't figure out the apparent connection between the two of you. He rose his finger, only to let it fall back down again. After more thinking, he decided to just ask."Wait, you know her, Techno?"

"Yes." Techno simply answered. "She was the girl I talked about. And the person I had specifically told to stay at home." The last sentence was directed to you, and you laughed awkwardly.

"Uh, I uh... Got bored and wanted to help out." You lied, hoping that Techno wouldn't begin to ask questions. Such as 'what about the contest?' or 'how did you even know who he was helping in the first place?'

But Techno didn't question it. In fact, he didn't even seem surprised. He just looked at you with that emotionless stare of his. Your eyes were still puffy, but you hoped he couldn't tell that you had cried.

Even Wilbur was shocked. Who would have thought you were associated with a blood god?

Techno turned to Dream, completely ignoring you who had awkwardly gestured for a hug. "Sorry about that,"

Your arms returned to your sides and your brows furrowed. He said it like it was his fault - like your actions were his responsibility. You didn't like that one bit. You were a woman of your own, thank you very much. If you didn't want to follow Techno's orders, then you didn't follow them. It was as simple as that.

Dream just shrugged, but you could tell he was angry again. Then he walked past you and announced that he was leaving - that his work here was done.

"But where are you going?" You yelled after him, repeating your question from earlier. He had said he would be away for a little while. Dream answered with another shrug. He could tell you that it was because of you - that the possibility of you going to Manburg, alone was enough reason for him to stay away. If Schlatt found out your history together, he most definitely would...

Dream sighed, not wanting to finish the thought. He just needed to make a deal first. He needed to be smart.

And you being exactly the opposite of smart, you just huffed as you watched Dream walk away. You had returned to your normal, oblivious self. "Well, he's talkative."

"He's always like that," Tommy stated, crossing his arms. "It makes us doubt whether or not he's really on our side. But he hasn't given our location away to Schlatt, so I guess he's alright."