6

By the end of the day, I had received multiple texts from both Toby and Unknown.

𝗧𝗼𝗯𝘆: 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗺

𝗧𝗼𝗯𝘆: 𝗕𝗲𝗲. 𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻'𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴?

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁.

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂?

I rolled my eyes. They really need to back off. I know Toby is just being nice and trying to make sure I have friends but I didn't want friends. I was fine on my own. That was a lie but I felt like friends would be harder, scratch that, I knew friends would be harder. Social interaction sent me into panic.

Ava was sitting in the living room drawing Woddy from toy story when I heard my phone buzz. I had also been doing some homework like the nerd that I am. I looked over and grabbed it, putting down my pencil.

𝗜𝗻𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹...

 𝗧𝗼𝗯𝘆

I picked up reluctantly and put the phone so that I didn't have to hold it up. It was a video call and I looked to see a worried Toby on the screen.

"Why weren't you answering my texts." He asked immediately. I return to my homework and push my lips into a thin line.

"Because I was mad at you." I began. "You went behind my back after I told you I didn't want your friends help."

Tobys sighed and looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry Bee. But you know how you get, you need to talk to someone." He said.

"I have Ava." I pointed out.

"Ava doesn't count."

Ava perked up at the mention of her name. But her smile quickly turned to a frown when she heard what Toby said.

"Tubbo says I don't count." She looked at me with sad eyes. Toby's eyes widen and he leans towards the camera.

"Sorry, Ava. I didn't mean it like that." He says quickly. You could almost feel the guilt rolling off of him. I looked at Ava.

"He's right," I told her and her sad eyes faded as she sniffed.

"Can Tubbo look at me drawing?" She asked and I nodded with a smile.

"Of course!" Toby said happily.

I motioned for her to come to me. She ran over with the paper in her hand. Her blond hair was falling in front of her eyes and I quickly re-adjusted her headband before pulling her onto my lap. I motion to the phone where a smiling Toby was waiting.

She grinned as she help up the drawing. I had to adjust it so he could see better but other than that she didn't a good job of holding it.

"Wow, Ava! Your really good!" He exclaimed. Ava smiled proudly before wiggling off of my lap. She ran back to her spot and I resumed my homework.

"So..." Toby began.

"So..." I mimicked him.

"Will you please meet up with him?" He asked again. I shook my head quickly.

"I'm sorry Toby. I just can't right now it's too many new people and I don't have the energy to attempt conversation with a stranger. Or even think about making friends. Right now I and trying to catch up on all the work they've done this year and where everything is."

Toby frowned. "Come on Bee. Maybe not meet up with him but at least text him or something. Human interaction can be a good thing you know."

I was about to reply but the front door opened and mum walked in.

"Sorry Toby, I've got to go," I told him quickly before ending the facetime. I groaned and hid my face in the pages o my homework. He's never going to give up on it. I'm going to have to get really good at blending in, better than I was before.

A/n:

Short chapter but for good reasons. What do you guys think of Bree so far? How do you think she will react to meeting Unknown? And do you all know who he is? 

Though I'm guessing it is getting obvious.