𝟐𝟏| 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐖𝐀

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

BEIGE pink in color and comforting the jacket was that Rin wore as she searched for a good spot to stand and watch the game. She easily went to the locker room and retrieved the thin, beige pink zipup jacket inside of Iwaizumi's bag without anyone seeing her, and now she was indulged in its softness. The sleeves of the jacket were oversized considering how big Iwaizumi's arms and chest were compared to Rin's, but she didn't care as it just added to the comfort and warmth.

Eventually, Rin stood in a spot a little far away from the crowd of people shouting, "Seijoh," every minute or so. Her eyes roamed the court, wandering off to take in the appearance of her school's volleyball club. They were all huddled up with Oikawa taking the lead since he was describing the action plan. Rin's eyes went to the other side of court where the Shiratorizawa boys were fixing their jerseys and shorts as they walked up to the back line of the court.

Soon, both teams lined up on either side of the court, bowed, and thanked the other side for the game. Rin was anxious to see how this game would turn out, knowing Oikawa was definitely out for revenge and Ushijima never loses a fight.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The entire stadium went silent when the volleyball dropped onto Aoba Johsai's side of the court. Everybody watched the tragedy unfold after Ushijima spiked the ball over the net effortlessly. Ushijima landed back on his feet, gently, and watched as everyone in the turquoise and white jerseys dived to receive the fallen ball.

Unluckily, the game point was given to Shiratorizawa, and their side of the crowd went insane at the awesome spike Ushijima landed. The Shiratorizawa boys cheered with one another for the outstanding victory against the competitors whilst the Aoba Johsai team felt their emotions come out. Now that they have lost here, there was only one more chance for their third years to make it to Nationals, a dream pursed by many volleyball players and sports players alike.

Both crowds supporting each school began to leave the stands, all by one. Rin stood, palms sweating as she gripped the railings in front of her, looking down at the Aoba Johsai players who were now gulping down their waters and drying off with towels. None of them even looked up to see if Rin was still there which left her with a slightly bruised mood. This showed just how devastating the game was for them.

As she watched them leave through the entryway doors, Rin began to jog back up the stairs and exit through her own exit. She quickly made it down to the boys' level as they all began to scurry into their locker room after the devastating loss. Rin decided on waiting outside for the boys, mostly for Oikawa and Iwaizumi since they'd taken the loss more harshly.

It didn't take long for the boys to leave their locker room, now adorned in their club uniforms. Rin stood up and immediately went to Iwaizumi and Oikawa, but she was surprised when they didn't show the least bit of emotion. Their faces were straight and stoic, mimicking Ushijima's natural appearance all too good.

"G–Guys... why aren't you upset?" Rin questioned curiously as she played with the sleeves of Iwaizumi's jacket on her body. "As much as I wanted to beat Ushiwaka today, the match showed me a lot that I need to improve on. Next time, he better watch out because I'll be ready to take him on," Oikawa replied, stuffing his hands in his jacket.

"So you weren't ready today?" Iwaizumi asked, glancing at Oikawa. "Of course I was! I just meant that for next time, I'll be better," Oikawa quickly retaliated.

Oikawa began to leave the hallway, following the younger first and second years, Hanamaki, and Matsukawa to the bus parked outside. Iwaizumi and Rin looked at one another, and an instant blush appeared on Iwaizumi's face at the sight of his jacket on Rin.

He walked up to Rin and reached his hand out to hold hers, bringing it to his view just as he intertwined their fingers. The sleeve was covering her knuckles which Iwaizumi found adorable, especially how the jacket looked on her tiny body. His blush faded and was replaced with a small smile all while Rin tried not to overheat with nervousness.

"Well someone looks beautiful with my jacket," Iwaizumi spoke near Rin's ear. "I–I wonder who that could be," Rin muttered, looking up to meet Iwaizumi's olive green eyes.

"Come on, let's get you home. It's getting dark outside," Iwaizumi stated, earning a nod from Rin.

She hooked her arms with Iwaizumi's arm, allowing him to lead the way to the exit.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As the two entered their shared dormitory, Tendou let out a loud, exhausted yawn and stretched his long, thin arms. He walked towards the bunk bed and climbed the ladder to reach his bed, the top bunk of the pair. Ushijima slid his jacket off of his shoulders and draped it over his desk chair before sitting down.

"Wakatoshi-kun, aren't you going to sleep? It's nearly midnight," Tendou asked as he got under the blanket, "Or are you still thinking about Noguchi-chan?"

Ushijima didn't let Tendou's statement falter him, but it did make him turn in his chair and glance up at Tendou who was resting his chin on the armrest of his bed. A goofy grin was spread across his pale face, and his eyes were as curious as ever.

"What are you talking about? Noguchi-chan is just a friend, and even then, I may have made it worse with the Shiratorizawa comment," Ushijima said, muttering the last bit. "Aw, you still like her! Props to you for keeping that crush for so long, Wakatoshi-kun," Tendou said, laying down on his bed.

"I don't like her, Tendou."

"Yes, you do, and stop denying it."

"No, I don't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes, you do! You literally said she had gotten prettier from middle school. Do you not remember what you said to her, or should I replay it from my memory bank?" Tendou shouted, staring at the ceiling.

Ushijima sighed and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. He definitely remembers stating how pretty Rin had gotten, and it wasn't by accident that he let it spill out. Contrary to what he was defending against Tendou, Ushijima has definitely had his eyes set on the third year for quite some time now, and she was always on his mind, even during games and practices.

There wasn't a moment where Ushijima wasn't thinking about Rin to the point that Tendou had caught on. Tendou had forced the truth out of Ushijima after thinking he had a crush on Rin, and it didn't take much effort to tell the perky red head. However, as time went by, Ushijima started to take volleyball more seriously since he wanted to pursue a career in the sport and keep his title as one of the top three aces in Japan.

Nonetheless, seeing Rin today definitely made Ushijima choke up on the inside, just a little bit.

"Screw it. Yes, I still like her. Are you happy now, Tendou?" Ushijima scoffed as he turned in his chair. "Yes, thank you! But I think you got some competition," Tendou muttered.

"What competition?"

"Those Seijoh boys."

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────