𝟐𝟓| 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

RIN stared at her phone, specifically at Ushijima's name in the message he sent her. Her fingers hovered over the keyboard that popped up at the bottom of her screen, wondering what to respond with.

Iwaizumi glanced at Rin when the car stopped at a stoplight, and his brows furrowed at Rin's frozen state.

"What's up?" Iwaizumi asked, resting his elbow on the armrest between their seats. "N–Nothing. Oh, the light is green," Rin replied, pointing out the windshield.

Iwaizumi started driving once again, but he slowed down when a McDonalds came into view.

"What do you want to eat?" Iwaizumi asked as he lined up behind another car in the drive-thru. "Um... I'll take a filet-o-fish and a Sprite," Rin replied, looking back down at her phone.

Rin silenced everything around her as she went back to her messages, hovering her fingers over the keyboard. Eventually, she sent a message back to Ushijima.

✧.*

UNKNOWN

It's Ushijima.
Are you busy, right now?

i'm kinda out
with my bf rn

Oh, okay.

I was wondering if
you would like to go to
a coffee shop with me.

oh, sure!

what time and day?

How about after
tomorrow's set of games?

sounds good to me!

see you there, ushijima!

Okay, see you there.

RIN changed UNKNOWN's contact name to USHIWAKA

✧.*

Rin locked her phone and looked up when Iwaizumi said his gratitude to the cashier. He collected his change and drove up to the next window for pickup.

"Hajime-kun, I hope you don't mind, but I made plans with Ushijima-kun for tomorrow after the matches are over," Rin spoke up, gaining Iwaizumi's attention. "Ushiwaka? I thought you hated that guy," Iwaizumi questioned, collecting the food from the worker.

"Well... remember? He came to apologize to me about the Shiratorizawa comment at the bakery a couple of days ago, and now I'm okay with him," Rin replied nervously.