2. Bright Pink Drink

❄️ A I D E N ❄️

"It's a strawberry, banana berry smoothie!" The gorgeous blonde boy in front of me chirped out. My one eye was still slightly swollen, but the other one was fine and I could see him clear as day. "I blended in oats which are a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Chia seeds for omega-3 fats, antioxidants and fiber. Lastly, and my personal favorite, hemp hearts for magnesium which helps regulate your heart," he counted each ingredient with a finger on his one hand as he rattled them off. His eyes lit up and his voice softened around the word 'heart'.

I looked at the bright pink drink in the tall glass in front of me. It was as tall as a vase! How am I supposed to drink all of that? It will be a miracle if I can even pick it up.

He must've saw me sizing up the offending drink, because the next thing I know, he's lifting it up.

"Here, let me help you," he hummed happily as he picked up the glass and pushed it towards my face.

I moved further away the closer he got. What if he put medication it it?

"What are you doing?" He laughed, his perfect white teeth on full display. "This goes in your mouth, silly," he put the glass straw between his slender fingers and pushed the cup closer towards me.

I shook my head quickly while leaning even further back. The back of my head smushed in the pillow that was resting on the headboard behind me.

"But you need this to get better, Aiden. You'll never get your strength up if you don't get something in your belly," his eyes were downcast. "Also, I made it especially for you!" his bright blue eyes glistened while finding mine at the thought of it. "Vance gave me the approved list of foods to make for you. This was on the list, do you not like strawberries or something?" His perfect lips turned into a frown, his eyes landed on the smoothie he was holding out to me, "or the chia seeds and hemp hearts? I blended them really well, you won't even be able to tell they are in it or even taste them," his plump bottom lip was displaying a full on pout now.

Damn, not fair. I don't want to make him upset, he seems so sweet. But, I still don't know if I can trust him. He could deceiving be me.

"Medicine?" I hissed between my teeth.

"What?" His one eyebrow shot up in question as his pretty eyes landed on me again, "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that, what did you say?" He leaned his top half over. Hovering directly above me. The scent of his sweet shampoo mixed with the smoothie making my mouth water.

"Me-di-cine?" I pushed the air out from between my teeth again, only slower, our noses almost touching.

"You want your medicine?" He asked. "Like aspirin? Are you in real pain and need something stronger, Aiden?" He pulled up away from me. "Let me go get Vance!" He squeaked out.

"No!" I grunted out through my teeth, pointing frantically at the glass of melting pink liquid.

His eyes squinted at the glass in his hands, "Medicine? In here?" A look of recognition crossed his face. "Of course not! I wouldn't put medicine in anything I gave you, Well, unless Vance told me to. Are you prescribed medicine?" His brow shot up in question.

I vehemently shook my head no.

"Well, I promise that I'll never put medicine in anything I give you. If I do have to, I'll be sure to let you know, OK?" He smiled as he moved the glass slowly towards me again.

I sighed, he was so nice and he definitely wasn't letting up about this smoothie drink he made for me.

I hesitantly wrapped my lips around the straw he held out for me between his lithe fingers. The straw nestled between the inside of my cheek and the outside of my teeth. Sucking a tiny amount of the cool liquid into my mouth, I tasted the heavenly flavor. It was so good, like really really good! I breathed through my nose, nothing smelled off, no medicinal taste whatsoever either, so I closed my eyes and slurped down some more. By the time I was done, my stomach felt a little bloated and the glass was about halfway empty.