15. Conflicting Emotions

EZRA^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

⚫️ E Z R A ⚫️

What is Aiden thinking? This is a bad idea...

I eyed the exit, ready to scoop him up and flee if this discussion started to head south.

Uncomfortable silence settled around us as we sat down in the multiple couches and loveseats that were arranged in a circle. Aiden scooted close to me as another boy with golden brown wavy locks on his head sat down next to him.

Vance, Aiden called him that out in the foyer, sat in a chair at the head, with an air of authority. He was damn attractive too, I would take a moment to appreciate it if I weren't in fear for Aiden's life right now.

I looked around the room, everyone here was attractive, it was...remarkable, but irrelevant.

The clearing of a throat brought my attention directly back to Vance.

His captivating dark brown eyes met mine, "Ezra, first of all, I'd like to welcome you into our home. You are more than welcome to stay as long as you'd like," his deep voice was hypnotically soothing.

"In your home? You think I'd stay here?" I scoffed at the absurdity of it. "We're leaving once this little discussion is over.", I tapped my tongue to my teeth.

His brows slightly furrowed, a frown graced his seductive lips as he looked down at his hands, "I hope that once this discussion is over....", his eyes locked on mine and held me in place, "your attitude will have changed."

Who does he think he is? Yeah, he's a little broader than me, bigger muscles, sure. But we're the same height. I can't easily be taken down.

"So...", I held my shoulders back and puffed out my chest in defiance, "discuss," I opened my one hand and waved it lazily in front of me as though I didn't have a care in the world.

In all reality, my head was spinning, my palms were sweating profusely. I felt trapped.

Aiden shifted next to me, a pained look of his face. He sucked in a ragged breath.

That's it, this is ridiculous! I came here to get Aiden out of situations like this, now I'm here and we're sitting all cozy, we might as well be singing Kumbaya around a campfire.

I inhaled deeply as I stood up. Aiden reached for my hand and grasped it tightly in his small one.

"Wait Ezra," he pleaded, "this is hard for me, I really don't know where to start!"

I lifted him up and pulled him close, pressed against his lithe body, "What is going on?", I questioned, leaning down and pressing my mouth to his ear, "Are you being physically hurt here?"

"No!", his body started trembling in my large arms, his brown curls swaying back and forth as he shook his head vigorously. "It's, nothing like that!"

I pushed him away gently, just enough so I could see his eyes, tears swelled in pools, waiting to drop, "What is it then?" I asked, voice strained. "Please tell me what's going on so I can help," I all but dropped to my knees to beg.

Aiden almost looked faint, I pulled him back down to the couch and wrapped my arm around his shoulders. "He needs water," I barked out to no one in particular.