Chapter Eight - The Trial

————

Brand flew up the stairs away from the smell, from her. Her scent set his body on fire and there was something oddly familiar about it, there was something about that girl that sent shivers to his core, and it scared the shit out of him.

It took all of his strength to not swing open that door and take her then and there, rip that mask off her face and see who he was really looking at.

He shook his head throwing his glass at the wall in frustration, what the fuck was wrong with him? There was something about this woman, something that set his body alight and something that was confusing him entirely.

"Fuck" Brand muttered getting the thoughts out of his head, "Stop thinking about her, she's an assassin, scum, she's caused you a lot of trouble, and soon she will be out of my hair, for the court to decide her fate" he said as he hung his head in his hands.

He did not need this today, on top of everything else that was going to happen. Walking out onto the balcony Brand breathed in the fresh air sighing, he smirked as he turned seeing the knife embedded in the wall as he pulled it out, placing it onto his desk chuckling as Hyde burst in.

"They're here Brand' he said nodding as Brand looked at him, "Collect her then, and bring her to the court room" Brand said sitting back down on his chair, a weird feeling growing in his chest, what was wrong with him?

She was just a human, a faint witch by guessing, but she meant nothing, he knew he should be glad she's finally been caught and is being dealt with, she had been winding him up for years now, and finally it was time for revenge, but something was off, and Brand just couldn't shake it. He growled grabbing his coat as he walked down towards the court room.

————

The door burst open as the ginger vampire walked into the cell and I jumped to my feet, "Oh wow you do heal fast" I laughed looking at him as he sighed, "Looking good Hyde, you would never know an eighteen year old shot you down" I mocked as he chuckled lightly, "Brand mentioned you had a sharp tongue" he muttered as he walked over clicking cuffs onto my wrists, "Come on little human, its time" he said as I felt fear rush through me.

"Already?" I said gulping as he smiled sensing my fear, "Unfortunately for you yes, the vampire court arrived moments ago to decide your fate" he said as he opened the door pulling me through the halls by the chain connected to my cuffs,

I stood my mask still covering me as I walked out, "The mask still?" he asked as I shrugged, "I would rather remain anonymous until I die, not give any of you fuckers the satisfaction" I shrugged fear coursing through me, I couldn't escape this now, this was it, I was going to die.

As he walked me up the stairs, he reached a small room where a bigger a pair of cuffs were placed on my wrists, "Aww don't you trust me? I promise I'll be a good little human" I said looking at him with puppy dog eyes as Hyde rolled his eyes,

"There's no way you're not getting the chance to kill even more of our men, or the chance for another escape unfortunately" he said as two vampires walked up grabbing a chain each, which were connected to each of my cuffs,

"Slightly over the top don't you think? I am still just a little human, correct?" I whispered to Hyde who rolled his eyes at my comments, ensuring my cuffs were secure as he knelt to my ankles patting me down, "Watch it there sir, I am saving myself for marriage, be careful where those hands go or you might have to be the one" I said lightly as he sighed moving away and looking up at me, "Do you have to always be such a pain in the arse?" he groaned as I shrugged,