47

Sagacity's POV
I stared out at the beautiful city lights as I held on to the railing of the roof. Damien took me out today for a rooftop dinner at a restaurant in the city, and I had to admit that the night view was amazing. Bright lights shone all around me in different colors and reminded me of how I felt the very first time Damien and I went out in the city together.

"Remember that time you took me to an art gallery?" I asked as I continued to watch the view.

I heard his footsteps approach me before feeling his hands on my waist. He answered, "As clear as day. I was honestly surprised that you even agreed to go with me. I'll admit, I was really nervous at first, but when we started connecting, I got comfortable. It felt natural talking to you. Still does."

I blushed as he smooched my cheek, and I placed my hands above his.

"I hate fighting with you, Damien," I admitted. "I wish we'd have more nights like this."

"We will," he promised. "I don't like fighting with you either." I shifted my head and pecked his lips before offering a smile. "I'm trynna grow old with you, City."

I giggled, "Stop it."

"I'm so serious. When I think about my future, I think of you and Aurora. You both bring a different level of happiness in my life that I don't ever want to lose," he said. "I'm a blank canvas without you both."

I admitted, "I think of you both in my future too, along with another child Aurora can call brother or sister."

"I want that future," he nodded, and I turned to face him. "I thought I was waiting on the right moment to do this, but I was just being pussy. I was afraid that we'd do this and then you'd realize that I'm not the one you wanna spend the rest of your life with." He got on a knee, and a large smile immediately took over my face. "Through all the highs and lows we've had, all I had ever wanted was you. That's never gonna change. It's always been you, Sagacity. Since the moment I laid eyes on you, I was captivated, and since the very first time we bonded, I knew that I'd someday be with you. I'm done wasting time. I'm done pushing you away. I'm done making you unhappy. I want nothing more than to love you and be the best I can be for you. You're the only person I wanna fall asleep and wake up beside. You're the only one I want breaking down my guards. You're the only one I want forever. I wanna get married yesterday." I chuckled as a tear streamed down my cheek, and Damien went into his pocket and took out a box. He opened the box, revealing the beautiful wedding ring that had caught my eyes in Paris, and more tears began flowing from my eyes. "No more wasting time. No more games. Will you, Sagacity Fiore Carter, make me the happiest man in the universe by marrying me?"

"Yes! Of course!" I cried happily, and he slid the ring onto my finger before taking me into his arms and kissing me like his life depended on it. I tightly wrapped my arms around him as I melted into the kiss.

It felt like such a heavy weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was finally getting what I had fantasized about for years. Damien and I would be a family for good, and-

I quickly broke the kiss and said, "I almost forgot!"

"What?" he frowned slightly.

I answered, "When I said that I wanted a future with you, Aurora, and another child, I wasn't done."

"I don't care if you want a pet dragon, I'm down, City," he smiled, causing me to burst out laughing and him to chuckle.

I shook my head, "What I was going to say is that this future isn't too far out of reach. I'm pregnant, Damien. I took a test while you were by R-" before I could finish my sentence, Damien's lips came crashing down onto mine, filling me with ecstasy. His kisses never missed home.

Damien pulled away saying, "Not far at all," before claiming my lips once more, and I once again found myself melting in his hold. I most definitely didn't want anyone else. He was the only one I wanted to spend forever with, and I was grateful that he felt the same way about me.