Chapter Fifteen

Liam Payne

"Did we really have to go shopping for this," Louis grumbled beside me.

Zayn had asked me on that date and without even thinking I had agreed with so much excitement, Zayn had graced me with that laugh of his that I got the courtesy to witness. I was a bundle of nerves just thinking of going on a date. It would be my first ever date and I didn't even know how I was meant to plan for something like this. I didn't know what to wear or what people did on dates all I knew was that it was tomorrow night at seven.

That was another landmark, I had never really been out at such a late time so what would we really do? Zayn hadn't elaborated on any of the questions I asked and when I woke up he was gone and I assumed he'd left through the window considering how my parents were up late playing board games telling from the victorious yelling my mom vocalized every few minutes.

I was rummaging through my closet until I deemed my wardrobe unfit to go on a date with so I called up Louis who was reluctant to come with me on my shopping adventure but at the mention that I'd buy him ice cream he was on his way to pick me up. I shiver every time when I remember how my mom hollered for me to not lose my new friend, embarrassing me in front of the neighborhood girl who lived next to me.

"This is my first date ever," I pouted at him.

He groaned at my expression, swinging his arms at his side to express how annoyed he was before he led us into Aeropostale. There were mannequins every where and I shivered falling behind Louis with my eyes cautiously looking at the figures who weren't humans but shaped like one but couldn't move. They were just unnatural things.

"C-can we shop s-somewhere else?" I call out to Louis

He's holding up a grey shirt with the sleeves cuffed when he turns to look at my stiff form that stands just two steps into the entrance of the bustling shop. He snickers to himself before turning to hang the top back onto the rack he found it on.

"What's wrong?" He asks with amusement as he walks back towards me.

"N-n-nothing," I turn quickly and walk out of the store, breathing the best I can.

Louis jogs up and catches up to me, slinging his arm around my shoulder and bringing me closer to him. He squeezes me causing me to look up at him, his ocean blue eyes seem to twinkle as he looks down at me and a smile plays at his lips.

"You're scare of the mannequins aren't you?" he raises a knowing brow.

"No!" I deny immediately.

"Booo, c'mon I'm like your best f—" he pauses.

He squints his eyes before he brings his face closer to mine causing me to widen my eyes and back my face up. His eyes stray away from my face and land on my neck. He pulls at the collar of my shirt to expose the bruises that litter my neck due to Zayn. I blush feeling caught for some reason at the look Louis gives me.

"Shut the fuck up," Louis whispers to himself before mischief clouds his eyes,"Zayn did this didn't he."

It wasn't a question more of a knowing statement and yet I began to flounder and try to diminish his accusations.

"N-no I fell!" I stumble on my lie.

"On your neck," Louis laughs loudly.

His loud laughing causes people to pass by us and give us looks as if our chatter was a bother to them. I blush under their gaze and pull away from Louis signaling for him to be quiet because people were looking. He glares and shoots everyone passing by us his middle finger to which they gasp and scowl at him before walking away even faster.