Chapter Twenty Six

Liam Payne

"No fucking way!" May shrieked.

That's what broke the silence within the kitchen as a smile instantly bloomed onto her face and she looked at Niall who looked both confused but happy at the smile his mate was sporting.

"Are you guys joking with me right now," she quickly turned to look down at all of us.

We all shook our heads silently, waiting to see how this would all play out. It didn't seem like she was freaking out and the stranger thing was that she seemed to know what a mate was, which added to the other part of the shock factor.

"So that means you all are werewolves? Even you Liam?" She looks at me.

"Everyone here is a wolf except Louis and Liam," Lou says, eyeing her.

"I've only read about stuff like this in the boy x boy shit I read, I'm shook that this is actually real," May said, her voice soothing off into a flabbergasted whisper.

I furrowed my eyebrows, I wasn't quite sure what boy x boy meant but May looked to be exceptionally accepting of the news that she was hearing. We were all relatively surprised at her reaction but Niall looked like a child on Christmas Day with how his eyes sparkled as he looked at May, his teeth showing as he smiled. May blushed slightly as she looked at him, the pink hue noticeable on his skin as it was pale.

Before we could really react, Niall was moving from the other side of the island and to our side where he took May in his arms and held her tightly. May looked like she was caught off guard with how she tensed up but seemed to melt into the mate bond and wrapped her arms around him as well.

"Well isn't this lovely," Lou said, nibbling on the last Cinnabon's on the counter.

We conversed for a bit, with me saying things here and there which impressed myself and Zayn. I had such anxiety with a big crowd and I was with so many people so I expected myself to shrink and just quietly listen as everyone spoke but I shocked myself thoroughly as I found myself drifting into being comfortable around everyone and speaking. Zayn looked proud, smiling down at me as if I was his prize possession which sent my heart beating through the roof. He'd laugh, telling me through mind link how he could literally feel how crazy my heart was going in my chest.

After a while, Marcus and Lou went out to train the pack as a means to give us more time together alone as well as improve their pack's fighting skills. Niall was meant to go with them as he was also a warrior but Lou told him to spend time with May and they went out on a date together which May freaked out about because she wasn't wearing the perfect 'attire.' Louis was curiously looking around before Harry decided to give him a tour of the whole pack house.

Zayn and I were alone now and we moved from the kitchen to the living room where we watched whatever came on the television. Now we were watching what I thought was Spongebob just telling from the characters but I wasn't sure since I didn't watch it due to this scientific statistic saying that the cartoon damaged your brain. I didn't know how reliable the statistic was but I went with it anyways.

A thought came to mind and I looked at Zayn who was laying on my lap, his eyes closed. He was breathing softly but I was sure he wasn't asleep because he made these soft noises in his sleep. I combed my fingers through his hair and he released this groan of a appreciation. I chuckled softly as I looked at him.

'I love you,' I said shyly through the mind link.

His eyes opened and he bent his head upwards to look at me.

"I love you too, Pup," he said, a content look on his face.

He made a kissy face at me and I giggled, understanding what he wanted and leaning down to place an upside down kiss on his lips. He hummed in satisfaction and I smiled gently into the kiss before pulling away and looking at him.