Chapter Twenty Five

Liam Payne

My eyes tiredly opened and a yawn left my lips as I blink rapidly to make out my surroundings. Groggily, I tried to move my hands to stretch but I was pretty much unable to with the large hands that were wrapped around my waist. I automatically knew it was Zayn simply from the sensation that ran through my body and a smile stretched across my face.

I flinched as I moved my legs and my butt felt like it was on fire. I felt so sore down there but it was somewhat to be expected but there wasn't an ounce of regret within me. Beside my backside that was in the utmost pain from last nights sexual events that had me blushing, my neck was also throbbing. It was on the right side of my neck, my hand came up and cupped the spot and tingles shot all throughout my body.

My fingers ran over the spot where I believe Zayn bit me and I felt how there were slight indentations that pierced my skin. There was still some pain but strangely it was mixed with this weird pleasure that I didn't understand.

I gently turned in my spot, wincing at the pain in my butt but quietly enduring it. I was facing Zayn, his hands still wrapped around me and I squeaked gently as he tightened his hold on me and brought me closer till our faces were maybe three inches apart. I smiled, my eyes taking in his every feature from his closed eyes to his sculptured nose and down to his closed lips.

There was lingering heat in the air but it wasn't as intense as it was previously and I believed it might've been because we, 'mated.' More so now I just wanted to be close to him, his touch seeming to calm me down and keep me at a peaceful state I didn't know was possible.

Shyly, I leaned in and pecked his lips lightly before moving back and grinning, the way his nose scrunched up was the best thing I'd ever seen. I placed another small kiss on his lips and my eyes widened in surprise as he firmly wrapped both arms around me and deepened the kiss, fully awake. I gasped as we pulled apart, my cheeks stained pink.

"Morning," he said, his voice deep and husky from just being awoken.

"Morning," I replied softly.

A gentle smile grazed his face, his eyes tired but filled with love and that sent my heart racing and going on overdrive.

"I love you."

My cheeks flushed immediately as I thought back to what I heard from Zayn before I had fallen asleep. I wasn't sure if I was hearing things or not but I swear I heard him say those three words to me. Heart beating irregularly, I really wanted to say those words back to him. It was eating at me to say it to him and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold myself back and keep something like that when I felt so strongly about him.

His hands lazily reach up to gently run his fingers through my hair that was in messy curls on top of my head. My hair had seemed to turn a lighter brown these days due to the sun and it looked like he took enjoyment in running his hands through them.

He gave a lopsided grin before leaning down and capturing my lips in another kiss and I sighed into the kiss happily and allowed my eyes to flutter close. He drew back and my eyes flickered open, my heart racing just from looking at him. My mouth opened to say those three words but he opened his mouth and beat me to it.

"I love you," he said with his tone tender and genuine.

My heart did leaps and my stomach filled what would would be butterflies if that was actually real but it just fit what I was feeling so accurately. My lips stretch into a wide smile as I wrap my arm around his neck and hug him tightly.

"I love you too," I say quietly.

He sighs happily, his arms wrapping around me even tighter and we laid like that for a while, with him holding me and me wrapped around him. It was the best feeling I'd ever felt and it felt like I could lay here for hours just in this same position without getting tired of it.