Chapter IX. "Rings Are Overrated"

1947

"This is so cliché" You snorted, holding onto Anthony's arm

You were rudely awakened by him in the middle of the night, you didn't know what he wanted and instead of telling you, he wrapped a piece of fabric over your eyes then led you somewhere outside.

"Are you gonna lure me into the woods and decapitate me or something?" You joked

"Yes" He sarcastically replied, giving you the creeps

Based on the dampness of the ground, you assumed you were near a pond or a swamp.

"Okay, we're here" Anthony grabbed the blindfold from your eyes

Your guess was right, you were in a swamp but not just any ordinary swamp, the swamp you were in was mesmerizing like it came out of a fairytale book, fireflies were lighting up the place outshining the stars in the sky.

Little did you know, Anthony has been planning something ever since the two of you were young teenagers, Not only did he wanted to be by your side as your friend, he wanted the two of you to be together...Till death do you part.

While you were too awestruck by the setting of the swamp, Anthony was bent on one knee, a box in his hand.

You turned a heel to say something to Anthony but then gasped at the sight of him presenting you a jewelry box.

"If you're wondering where i got this, I stole it from a casino" He casually informed causing you to giggle.

He stood up from the ground and began to open the box "Rings are overrated as hell so i got you this.."

It revealed a memory locket bracelet made out of (silver/rose gold/other), Inside was a picture of the two of you as teenagers, you had an awkward grin on your face while Anthony looked sly and seductive.

You were about to tear up but then Anthony let out an obnoxious laugh, ruining the moment.

"Crying's for pussies" He teased earning a playful glare from you

You but the bracelet back in it's box and sat it down on the grass. Anthony looked confused and disappointed at the same time, He thought you were gonna say no.

But before he could ask what you were doing, You slung your arms around his neck then pulled him down the water with you.

Once he ascended from the water he went ballistic and started snapping at you.

"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?! YOU TECHNICALLY JUST USED ME AS ALLIGATOR BAIT! I HATE Y-"

You sealed his lips with yours, cutting him off with a passionate kiss.

"Does that feel better?" You questioned with a smirk

He playfully rolled his eyes and punched you on the shoulder "Fuck you, you're lucky you're my future spouse otherwise i would've choked you right here right now"

"Kinky~" You winked, imitating him before pulling him into another kiss

-Meanwhile-

Behind one of the trees, was one of Henroin's goons watching you and Anthony from afar.

"We got em' boss" The goon said into the walkie talkie

"Good job" Henroin praised "Gather the men tomorrow and break into their building"

"What do we do once we capture them boss?"

"Spare the queer and make sure the other one's dead" And with that, Henroin left the line