Chapter X. "Don't Look Back"

It was early in the morning, (as always) you didn't have any energy to get out of bed so you decided to waste time by examining Anthony's features.

His wavy black faded to blonde hair that framed his face perfectly, His piercing dark eyes, his pointed nose, sharp jawline...He looked so unreal, you still couldn't believe how lucky you were to have someone like him.

'I can't wait for our wedding' you smiled

A furious grumble erupted from your stomach causing you to slightly blush. Carefully, you removed Anthony's arms on you, refraining from waking him up then made your way to the kitchen.

While you were whisking the eggs, An aggressive knock appeared from the door.

'Who could it be?' You thought as you placed down the bowl on the kitchen counter

You opened the door only to be greeted by a gun pointed at your head.

In a swift movement, you kicked the gun out of the guy's hand.

"Who sent you here?!" You demanded, pointing the gun at the man

He didn't answer and refused to cooperate so you shot him in the chest.

The sound of the gunshot woke Anthony up, He quickly got dressed and grabbed a duffel bag filled with weapons such as guns, throwing knives, and bombs.

"Y/N are you o-"

You grabbed him and yelled cutting him off "THERE'S NO TIME! WE GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!"

When you two busted the door open, both your stomachs dropped at the sight of Henroin with a bunch of armed men around him.

"You're surrounded queer, just give up already," Henroin said mockingly

"Fuck you!" Anthony screamed, putting up a middle finger causing Henroin to growl and point a gun at the two of you

"Give the bag over here" One of the mobs ordered, holding his hand out

In secret, Anthony planted a time bomb inside of the bag, he forged a smile and politely tossed the bag to the mob.

"Okay okay, I'll surrender," Anthony said raising his hands in the air

You slightly elbowed him by the rib to find out what he was trying to do but he just gave you a wink.

"But before I come with you, can I say farewell to my beloved first?" Anthony asked with puppy eyes

Henroin grumbled and huffed "Just hurry the fuck up"

Anthony turned over to you and kissed you hard before pulling away, whispering "I snuck the car keys in your pocket, drive as far as you can and promise me no matter what happens...Don't EVER look back or come for me"

"W-What?! Tony, I can't just-"

I'm in a getaway car

Anthony quickly opened the car door behind you and shoved you in with a bag of cash you two robbed from a bank the other day  "Promise me" he said one last time before slamming the door

I left you in the motel bar
Put the money in a bag and I stole the keys
That was the last time you ever saw me

Without any complaints, you turned on the engine and stomped on the pedal, restraining yourself from listening to the gunshots and furious argument between Anthony and his father.

Just then an ear-crushing explosion emitted from behind you, you wanted to go back, you needed to...But as much as you wanted to turn the wheel and run back to him, a part of you was also scared.

Drivin' the getaway car
We were flyin', but we'd never get far

As you drove, memories started flashing in your head. The car has always been a part of your adventures ever since you and Anthony ran away from home.

Should've known I'd be the first to leave
Think about the place where you first met me

The fact that you might not be able to see him again made it even worse. If you could cry, you would've done it a few minutes ago, but you needed to keep driving.

-

After a long period of driving, you stopped in the outskirts of town, you didn't specifically know where you were or what next you're gonna do, instead of getting out of the car and filling up your tank, you just sat there trying to process what just happened.

There was nothing but complete silence in the middle of the road, no cars seemed to be passing by or even people.

I was ridin' in a getaway car
I was cryin' in a getaway car
I was dyin' in a getaway car
Said "goodbye" in a getaway car

Knowing you were alone and in the middle of nowhere, you let out an agonizing scream and broke down into tears.