4: A message to L'Manburg

Tubbo's POV:

"What the hell!" Fundy howled.

There was an explosion in L'Manburg and everyone seemed as confused as we were.

I called across the crowd "Did any one see anything?" Everyone remained silent "Damnit, must've used a potion..." I muttered under my breath.

Quackity jumped into the small pit the explosion had made and retrieved something.

"It's a note." Fundy observed.
"Thanks for that Captain Obvious, cause I thought it was a bloody-"

I took the note out of Quackity's hands and read it out loud.

I read "Dear L'Manburg, your country is the cause of so much pain and suffering. There has been stupid wars and people have gotten hurt." I looked across the crowd to see if they were listening.

I continued "I recently caught word of a boy, one who used to be one of your own, ki-" I froze and swayed on the spot I was stood on. "No." I whispered. "NO!" I wailed. I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Tubbo are you-"
"This is a sick joke, what sick lunatic wrote this bullsh-"
"Read the the note Tubbo." Quackity urged me.

"I caught word of a boy, one who used to be one of your own, killing himself because of everything he's been through. Because of the betrayal of his closest friend..." I was taking quick breaths. I wanted the throw the book away, back down the pit it came from. People were scared and confused. We all knew who the note was talking about. We just couldn't bring ourselves to believe it.

"You can thank yourselves... and everyone who abused him for that..." I took a quick breath. I had to stay strong, for my own sake.

"I find it painful I couldn't save him. I tried convincing him but his mind was set and I wasn't going to take this away from him... It is for these reasons, that L'Manburg will not survive much longer. The gods have decide it is unworthy of ever existing. Sincerely, The God of Shadows."

I looked up. People were a mess. Crying, pure shock and all heartbroken.

Quackity's voice rang over the deadly silence. "No, it's not real. We don't have to be worried about lies."

"Yeah... Yeah!" Fundy choked. "We just need to focus on finding whoever left this, The 'God of Shadows'."

We all tried our best to look hopeful and go on with our day. The crowd thinned and people resumed with whatever they were doing before. Fundy and Quackity began repairing the floor. I sat down on the floor and thought.

I was having a mini debate in my mind. "There's no proof for this claim. There's no proof for this. But I won't know until..." I announced to my friends "I'm going to Logsteadshire. I can't just brush this off!"
"We're coming with you!" Quackity laughed.

We hadn't even made it out of L'Manburg when we saw someone.

"Tubbo!"
"Ranboo?"
Ranboo took a few breaths. "Guys, something terrible happened."

I felt my heart plummet. This had to be a coincidence. I wished it was a coincidence, but something in his eyes told me it wasn't.