𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the one where peter is a shit liar

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི                  CHAPTER 14.
࿐               ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵖᵉᵗᵉʳ ⁱˢ ᵃ ˢʰⁱᵗ ˡⁱᵃʳ

    IT HAD BEEN A WHILE SINCE PETER HAD SPOKEN WITH PACK

IT HAD BEEN A WHILE SINCE PETER HAD SPOKEN WITH PACK. A couple days maybe, maybe less, maybe more. His phone was lagging due to how many missed calls and unread text messages he had. And he hadn't slept in the entire time since Donovan, he simply couldn't.

Every time his eyes closed, the darkness behind them became vivid images of tragedy. He kept seeing blood, piles of dead bodies, Donovan and Stiles among them. Scott and Kira, Lydia and Liam, even Aunt May laying, a metal scaffolding pole through her stomach. Sleep wasn't a choice anymore.

So he opted to hide away, avoiding seeing the pack whenever he could. He moved seats in AP bio, and was the first one out when the bell rang. He started taking the bus to and from school, despite the pounding headache it gave him from the insufferable amount of noise. Spider hearing was definitely a curse without a certain Stilinski voice to focus on.

     And his spider suit was beginning to collect dust inside his closet inside a bookbag. He hadn't worn it, looked at it at all. Life was more or less a drag now. Waking up was harder, especially without Stiles beside him to wake him up. And despite knowing he didn't deserve them, he missed the kisses stiles would use to wake him up. The barrage of chaste kisses all over his face that always led to a make out before Peter could even get a shirt on. Not that either of them minded that.

    He would miss making out in Stiles' jeep. He would miss movie nights and cooking attempts gone horribly wrong. Peter promised himself that if he could do anything— he would stay away from the pack, from Stiles. They deserved that much from him, he thought.

     "Hey, Peter right?" Theo seats himself at the empty library table. The Raeken boy is actually surprised that this was going to be this easy, as Peter was no longer surrounded by his friends, ones like Stiles— who were too smart for their own good.

    Peter Parker was a literal genius, but he wasn't all that skilled in the social department. It made this that much easier than using someone like Malia or Scott. Peter was too easy to manipulate.

     Theo knew that.

     Peter wasn't in the mood for chitchat, but he was too nice for his own good. And besides, technically, Stiles didn't have anything but speculation on him. He hadn't done anything wrong yet, and that warranted some sort of politeness to come from Peter. "Hey, Theo."

    Not much, after all, he hadn't talked to any of the pack in over 48 hours. He felt like he was missing an organ, how much he missed his friends. He'd been spoiled with it, even after years of being alone, he finally had a group, a family. And he'd ruined it.