𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. the one where the boys are back

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི               CHAPTER 19.
࿐           ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒʸˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ

     WITHIN THE NEXT FEW HOURS, THE SHERIFF IS BACK IN BED AND STILES IS AWAKE

WITHIN THE NEXT FEW HOURS, THE SHERIFF IS BACK IN BED AND STILES IS AWAKE. Stiles knows Peter is beyond hungry, spider metabolism and all. So they make a decision to venture to the vending machine together, Stiles telling a story of the one time he tipped one over.

Peter nods, of course Stiles would be the one to do so.

"I wanted Reese's, didn't know I'd be channeling the Hulk doing so." He shrugged, keying in the code for Peter's Skittles first. The red packet falls nicely into the a slot, and Peter digs into it as soon as Stiles hands them over. "Should I even try the Reese's? You think they're cursed?"

Peter grins slightly and nods. "A man deserves his Reese's cups, Bruce Banner says so."

Stiles nods confidently and keys in the code, watching the corners fall. And as the orange plastic tips, the final corner catches on the metal spiral and gets stuck in place. Peter gasps and slaps a hand over his mouth, watching Stiles stare harshly at the candy.

Stiles grunts and doesn't hesitate to grip the corners, preparing to rock the shit out of this cursed machine. "Alright,
you mother—" He starts to curse before Peter grabs his shoulder,
laughing slightly.

"Woah, woah, macho man. Calm down, hold my Skittles."

Stiles narrows his eyes and takes the candy from Peter,
backing away slowly. Peter shakes his head at the theatrics and lowers himself to sit on the cold hospital tile. "No patience," He grumbled, sticking his arm into the bottom slot and aiming his arm up. His fingers switch and a web shoots out, sticking to the orange wrapper firmly. He yanks gently, surprised to see three orange packages connected to his web when he pulls his hand out.

Peter smiles, handing him all three. "Reese's for the gentlemen?"

"Marry me?"

Before the jokes continues, two orderlies pass by wheeling in a gurney with a full black body bag on top into the morgue. Both boys look to each with wide eyes, breaking into jogs back towards the Sheriff's room, where his dad is dozing in his bed. That doesn't deter Stiles, grabbing his dads laptop as Peter sticks his head out the door to try and see anything else suspicious.

Peter doesn't see much else after they close the morgue doors, and slinks back in the room. The door shuts and no matter how quiet, it wakes the sheriff from his hazy morphine sleep.Neither boy notices quite yet, Peter finding his spot beside Stiles as they dig into the database.